Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1959606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast

Thread: Totaldac Reference D1

Thanks VPN. Congratulations on the very nice system you have there! I assume the 5th Totaldac chassis is the supply? Again, very very nice.

Hello Paul, Thank you! Yes, the one with the light, bottom right, is the power supply. Cheers, VPN
    Digital: Totaldac Twelve SE + server, Innuos Zenith SE running Roon+Tidal Amplification: CH Precision L1+X1, 2x Krell FPB 750mcx Speakers: Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers Cables: Kubala Realization (speaker), Totaldac Gigafilter USB, Echole Omnia 3ft XLR, Echole Omnia 7ft XLR,Power: Kubala Realization and Absolute Fidelity Power, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, Four dedicated lines, PS P10

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by VPN View Post
    Hello Paul79,
    I got my Totaldac Twelve SE (I prefer without the output stage) late 2017 with the 5 output power supply. I find it very convenient that I had to purchase only one power cable. I did not compare it with 5 separate small boxes, but I suppose they have the same quality otherwise Vincent wouldn't do it. Having the one-box power supply also saves space and allows me to put it on my SRA Scuttle mk.3 rack, which makes a difference.
    https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/795
    Cheers,
    VPN
    Hello VPN,
    You have an awesome system!
    Will the coming Innuos Statement be your next target?
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Hello CKKeung,

Thank you very much! I enjoy reading your posts and advice!

My next upgrades will be:

a) Two Kubala Realization power cords for my Krell 750mcx monoblocks. I should have them this week.

b) Upgrade my Totaldac Twelve AES-EBU cables from Kubala Elation to Echole Omnia.

c) The Totaldac Server is composed of a minimalistic server that connects to a reclocker located in the same box through an USB cable (I am using the Totaldac Gigafilter USB cable). The The Server reclocker output then connects to the Totaldac Twelve DAC through an AES-EBU cable. After I get the Echole Omnia AES-EBU cables I will decide if I prefer: (a) The USB output of the Totaldac Server internal server, so using the Innuos SE as a NAS (I use the Totaldac Ethernet cable) or (b) The USB output of the Innuos SE entering the Totaldac Server USB input of its internal reclocker. If I prefer (b), then the Innuos Statement may make sense (or perhaps the upgraded SGM server that will be released). If I prefer (a) and use the Innuos only as NAS, I will probably keep the Innuos SE since the upgrades to the Innuos Statement USB board would not be used.

Cheers,

VPN
    Digital: Totaldac Twelve SE + server, Innuos Zenith SE running Roon+Tidal Amplification: CH Precision L1+X1, 2x Krell FPB 750mcx Speakers: Modded Dunlavy SC-VI w/ Duelund crossovers Cables: Kubala Realization (speaker), Totaldac Gigafilter USB, Echole Omnia 3ft XLR, Echole Omnia 7ft XLR,Power: Kubala Realization and Absolute Fidelity Power, SRA Scuttle mk.3 Rack, SRA VR 3.0 platforms, Four dedicated lines, PS P10

Addicted to Best!
    Hello CKKeung,
    Thank you very much! I enjoy reading your posts and advice!

My next upgrades will be:
    a) Two Kubala Realization power cords for my Krell 750mcx monoblocks. I should have them this week.
    b) Upgrade my Totaldac Twelve AES-EBU cables from Kubala Elation to Echole Omnia.

c) The Totaldac Server is composed of a minimalistic server that connects to a reclocker located in the same box through an USB cable (I am using the Totaldac Gigafilter USB cable). The The Server reclocker output then connects to the Totaldac Twelve DAC through an AES-EBU cable. After I get the Echole Omnia AES-EBU cables I will decide if I prefer: (a) The USB output of the Totaldac Server internal server, so using the Innuos SE as a NAS (I use the Totaldac Ethernet cable) or (b) The USB output of the Innuos SE entering the Totaldac Server USB input of its internal reclocker. If I prefer (b), then the Innuos Statement may make sense (or perhaps the upgraded SGM server that will be released). If I prefer (a) and use the Innuos only as NAS, I will probably keep the Innuos SE since the upgrades to the Innuos Statement USB board would not be used.
    Cheers,
    VPN
    Hello VPN,

Thanks for your kind words.

KS Realization Series cables are very good stuff!

A few humble thoughts on your upgrades :
    1) Probably Innuos Statement as a server will win.
    2) I got some insider info of the coming SGMS flagship server. It will be even more awesome than the Innuos Statement!
    3) Vincent offers an upgrade option for his Totaldac Server+Reclocker : an separate ext psu for the server section. It's very effective.
    4) The Totaldac ethernet cable is outclassed by the other components of your fabulous system. You should consider using a Vertere HB ethernet cable or even better, the Dalby Audio Meda ethernet cable.
    5) For usb cables suitable for your system, please consider the KS Realization or Vertere HB.

Happy Hunting!
    And please update us of your adventure!
    Many thanks!

CK
    ARC 40 Anniv preamp, MC2 S1400 monoblocks, Magico S5 speaker, CAS with MSB Platinum IV Plus dac, MSB UMT Plus & Signature Transport Powerbase, Furman isolation transformer.

Hello CKKeung,

Thank you for your advice. I really welcome your input.

Regarding each point:

"KS Realization Series cables are very good stuff!". The upgrade of speaker cables from Elation to Realization and preamp power cable from Elation to Realization were indeed big improvements. KS Realization is great.

"1) Probably Innuos Statement as a server will win.
    2) I got some insider info of the coming SGMS flagship server. It will be even more awesome than the Innuos Statement!" I guess we will have to wait for somebody to hear them both in the same system, to know for sure (for that person and system) which is better.

"3) Vincent offers an upgrade option for his Totaldac Server+Reclocker : an separate ext psu for the server section. It's very effective." My Totaldac Server, purchased late 2017, already has this upgrade.

"4) The Totaldac ethernet cable is outclassed by the other components of your fabulous system. You should consider using a Vertere HB ethernet cable or even better, the Dalby Audio Meda ethernet cable.". Thank you for the advice.

"5) For usb cables suitable for your system, please consider the KS Realization or Vertere HB." Thank you. I heard great things about the KS Realization USB, I will try to hear it in my system.

Cheers,

VPN

Addicted to Best!
    Hello CKKeung,
    Thank you for your advice. I really welcome your input.
    Regarding each point:
    "KS Realization Series cables are very good stuff!". The upgrade of speaker cables from Elation to Realization and preamp power cable from Elation to Realization were indeed big improvements. KS Realization is great.

"1) Probably Innuos Statement as a server will win.
    2) I got some insider info of the coming SGMS flagship server. It will be even more awesome than the Innuos Statement!" I guess we will have to wait for somebody to hear them both in the same system, to know for sure (for that person and system) which is better.

"3) Vincent offers an upgrade option for his Totaldac Server+Reclocker : an separate ext psu for the server section. It's very effective." My Totaldac Server, purchased late 2017, already has this upgrade.
    "4) The Totaldac ethernet cable is outclassed by the other components of your fabulous system. You should consider using a Vertere HB ethernet cable or even better, the Dalby Audio Meda ethernet cable.". Thank you for the advice.
    "5) For usb cables suitable for your system, please consider the KS Realization or Vertere HB." Thank you. I heard great things about the KS Realization USB, I will try to hear it in my system.

Cheers,
    VPN
    Hello VPN,

A very dedicated audiophile your are !
    And you are very itchy too!

Looking forward to reading your upgrade report on WBF.

Cheers'
    CK

Being a Totaldac owner myself (d1-dual to be precise), and probably upgrading to a d1-six soon, I still remain very skeptical about this server option (not the d1-server). What makes a 100EUR general purpose cubox i4x4 with - i assume - an off the shelf linux distro so special? Where's the added value that warrants a 1000EUR asking price?

What’s the difference between the onboard server and the separate D1-server?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohlins View Post
    What’s the difference between the onboard server and the separate D1-server?

The difference is that the separate D1-Server has a reclocker in the box, besides the server. The cubox outputs through an USB cable to the USB input of the reclocker, and the reclocker outputs AES-EBU.

Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1959606162636465666768697071727374 LastLast