Italian artistry and world class sound...the world of Sonus Faber

Chris GH

Feb 26, 2024
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Franco Serblin gave up on trying to perfect bass from a speaker. He is reputed to have said, "When you want more bass, you miss it; when you have it, it disturbs you." IMO he was one of the greatest speaker designers ever - I've owned Minimas, Electa Amators, and Extremas (kept for 25 years). His GH design was probably his best work, though the Extremes could do more in right room with right power. You have a work of art and the heart. Enjoy them!
Thanks for your thoughts....I think I am going to hold on to these Homage...n continue to enjoy them!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Bruce,

Yes...I was referring to the Guarneri Homage, vs Memento, Evolution and Tradition. I haven't been lucky enough to hear the others yet...but yes...very happy with the originals, surprisingly so.

Chris GH
I agree with you. Like others have already said, if I could have kept mine, I would have. They belong for me in the pantheon of all time great speakers. The balance of all its virtues is exceptional.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing