Pasta Maker

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
My pasta making machine is cracked. Curious if people here ever make their own and, if, so, what machine is used.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
We love fresh pasta but gave up on these machines. Cleaning is work as is figuring out what mix to use to get the extrusion to work.

NO experience with CTC though. Steve, do you have it and how is it in regards to above issues?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We love fresh pasta but gave up on these machines. Cleaning is work as is figuring out what mix to use to get the extrusion to work.

NO experience with CTC though. Steve, do you have it and how is it in regards to above issues?
indeed we have it and actively used it for the past 6-7 years. Never had a problem with it. IIRC they recommend putting the extrusion device in the freezer for several hours until the pasta is frozen. Remove it and give a small firm tap on the sink and the residual falls out like little pencil leads. We use it constantly and have made every type of pasta in every type of flour. The machine is bullet proof.

It gets my What's Best in Pasta Makers Award

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
The Kitchenaid mixer attachments work great. I make great ravioli and their pasta sheet maker cuts the time to a minimum.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I make my own Canneloni and Manicotti by hand. Make some crepes...easy, peasy! LOL

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing