Vincent Kars

WBF Technical Expert: Computer Audio
Jul 1, 2010

The Emergence 2.1

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
They jumped out of the box and into a plate!

Sorry, can't think of anything funnier to say :).

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Wouldn't that completely mess with the imaging? It may disperse sound and sound good at first but over time, I would think that the deficiencies of said design would detract from the listening experience and not add to it. I have not heard said design and I really can not comment other than what I have said but logic tells me that thinking outside of the box in this case is not a good thing.

Enjoy the music.

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Cute! They look like Nespresso accessories LOL

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I have not heard said design and I really can not comment other than what I have said but logic tells me that thinking outside of the box in this case is not a good thing.
A former colleague of mine was once quoted in the WSJ as saying, "People who think out of the box should probably be medicated." ;-)

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
A former colleague of mine was once quoted in the WSJ as saying, "People who think out of the box should probably be medicated." ;-)

I hope he was a collegue in some kind of business that required no innovation.

Tim

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Not at all. OTOH, it was the cynical response of senior scientist/physician to the prodding of a callow PR type.
It is certainly a tired saying. 30 years ago it was cool to say it as to a layman, it sounded profound. But today, you look like you are wearing 70's pants! :D

I think the common use is a sarcastic one many times today as Vincent has done.

Come to think of it, I don't know that we have a modern version of it. People tend to use the word "innovation" instead. But maybe there is a better one...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Looking better at the speakers I think they can be innovative. Most probably the small metal diffusors are heatsinks connected to an heating device and upon reflection in the hot metal the treble becomes hot: As they say: with the masses, congested bass and hot treble sell :)

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
In my mind putting a wire inside a box for isolation is out of the box thinking :)

My first thought was to keep the cables up off the floor. Notice how short the leads are?

Tom

Julf

Nov 27, 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Out of the box by being inside of it

Clearly it is about "coherence", so my guess is a waveguide for all those Really High Frequancies (in the GHz wavebands).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing