The Adjustment Bureau

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Just saw The Adjustment Bureau on cable. Boy, what a delightful movie. Nothing like the complexity of inception. And I say this in a good way. The acting is simple but so charming. One of the more enjoyable times I have had watching a movie.

Highly recommended!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Amir, I did purchase this Blu-ray a while back, and I didn't like this movie more than that personally.

But Movies, Music, Paintings, Cars, Watches, Wines, Women, ... we all know that our tastes vary, and that is very good indeed. :b

* But because I just happened to stumble into your thread, I will give this flick a second viewing.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
It makes me concerned. Those of us willing to pay more for the CD being penalized.

Without getting too far off topic, it is all about the almighty dollar. We have capitalism gone a muck. It has infected the way medicine is "practiced" (a quote yesterday from my cardiologist: "we are not allowed to practice medicine anymore --- the insurance and drug companies do that for us") and every other aspect of our society (professional sports, banking, etc).

Since the vast majority of the music buying public cares very little to nothing about the actual sonics of the music they purchase, that is what is produced. There isn't any money in giving you (us) what we want! The availability of quality reproduced music will continue to decline as a percentage of all music made available.

Consider me cynical !!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
My short take on the BD ('The Adjustment Bureau') after my 2nd viewing.

Alright, like I said, I did rewatch this Blu-ray movie last night.

* And this second time around I found the acting even more less than shining; I could see actor's lines memorized in their heads and without having an emotional impact when delivered, or true resonance with the on-screen interaction with other actors! ...Not too good in my book.

And of course it is a Science Fiction, no more no less... ...With a small dose of reality (politics & all...).

As for Picture & Sound quality; well I guess it's OK, but nothing exceptional.

Overall: A different concept, sort of, but missing the chemistry mark, between the actors themselves, and the viewers, us.
-> That is my own personal opinion, so please don't try to readjust your television set from the Contrast and Treble controls. :b

If you want to read one (another) review (from Blu-ray.com), simply click on the small cover picture right here below.

** By the way Amir, this is in no way to discredit your liking of this flick; it is simply my own take on it.
And I don't have any disliking with the Audio; indeed I enjoyed more this part from the overall experience. ...In its subtlety and quintessence.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing