How To Videos - Room Correction, Speaker Correction, Digital Crossover

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Some videos I made this week showing how to use the DEQX calibration software for room correction, speaker correction and digital crossover...

More available on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/AcousticFrontiers

Happy holidays! Is it xmas yet!?

Nyal Mellor

Industry Expert
Jul 14, 2010
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Thanks for looking. DEQX is so cool!

almikel

Sep 18, 2010
Thanks Nyal,
one question - you gave the correction filter a name - test speaker correction (or similar), but then when configuring the speaker you picked correction set 6 - ie it had no relationship to the name you gave it.

Great video by the way - I'll seek out your others.

I find that because you don't generate new speaker measurements/corrections that often, I need to re-learn how to do it each time (often finding new tweaks along the way).
An example was it took me 10 minutes recently to work out how to determine how steep the crossovers were in the current setup - you don't seem to be able to do it from the control panel - you need to do it from the configuration panel, and then you need to make sure you pick the correct DEQX configuration (ie the one currently configured)

Amazing bit of kit all the same

Mike

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing