Cell Phones Don't Raise Brain Cancer Risk, Study Says

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
One of the largest, longest looks at possible dangers found none, researchers report
Thursday, October 20, 2011

THURSDAY, Oct. 20 (HealthDay News) -- The 5 billion people worldwide who chat away on cell phones shouldn't worry about an increased risk of brain cancer, new Danish research contends.

One of the largest and longest studies on the subject finds no more brain tumors among people who had cell phones over 17 years than among people who had no cell phones........

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_117786.html

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
One of the largest, longest looks at possible dangers found none, researchers report
Thursday, October 20, 2011

THURSDAY, Oct. 20 (HealthDay News) -- The 5 billion people worldwide who chat away on cell phones shouldn't worry about an increased risk of brain cancer, new Danish research contends.

One of the largest and longest studies on the subject finds no more brain tumors among people who had cell phones over 17 years than among people who had no cell phones........

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_117786.html

I'm shocked :) Everything we know about the development of solid tumors in humans showed that it takes 20-30 years after exposure to a carcinogen (including the activation of multiple genes) for a tumor to develop. Thus this link had never made any sense to me. (Of course, leukemias are a different story.)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I always figured talking on the phone while driving would get you in the morgue faster than just talking on the mobile phone. Then again I suppose it depends on who you talk to! ;)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I always figured talking on the phone while driving would get you in the morgue faster than just talking on the mobile phone. Then again I suppose it depends on who you talk to! ;)

You're killing me!

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Maybe it was just an urban myth. A highway trooper developed cancer on his thigh from the microwaves of a radar gun. He rested it on his leg between use. it is a constant emitter.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing