RMAF What’s Best Dinner Final Details – Attendees Pls Read!

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
RMAF is upon us! WBF will be well represented and it looks like we’ll have ~20 folks for Saturday dinner.
Steve and I would like to remind everyone of details, and to ask for your cooperation as regards payment:

Day/Time: Saturday, 8PM

Location: Bent Fork Grill, 12191 East Iliff Avenue, Aurora, CO. Telephone 303 337.6600.

Directions from the RMAF venue here: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=7...HHp_4dshzHTu8lL0Qevbg&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=m&z=13
It’s about five miles, so do plan to drive or take a cab.

Payment: Please plan to pay in cash! Bent Fork stipulates a single bill and we want to avoid the confusion inherent in 20-odd credit cards. Bar will be cash and carry.

Attendees:
Ken
Ken’s guest
Steve
Steve's guest
Gary
Gary’s guests (3)
Bruce
Bruce’s guest
jazdoc
Myles
Myles’ guest
Lee
Don
Mark Seaton
Carol Koh
Mark
Fernando – probable
Fernando’s guest – probable
Charles – unconfirmed
Amir - possible

If I’ve missed anyone, please let me know ASAP via PM. I look forward to seeing you there!

/Ken

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I hope we have an accountant in the group. A single bill with 20 people's tabs is always a nightmare to figure out. Usually someone who ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and drank the most expensive booze will offer up, "How about we just split the bill equally?" The guy that ordered the hamburger and drank water is not usually happy. Be warned, I plan on having a nice steak and good beer.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Here's a tip, as it's going to get really confusing. Run a tab on one of your cellphone apps and list what you ordered with price..tax and gratuity can quickly be calculated afterwards. Have fun guys!

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I can also drive.

Thanks for organizing this get together!

Last edited:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I have a rental car too. Steve will be riding with me, but that should still leave room for two more.

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Please put me down for two "probables"; will confirm as soon as I can (and would appreciate a lift from someone!)...

PS, I don't drink, so if someone is OK with me driving their car, I can be a DD.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Two looking for a ride :)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Please put me down for two "probables"; will confirm as soon as I can (and would appreciate a lift from someone!)...

PS, I don't drink, so if someone is OK with me driving their car, I can be a DD.

How about we look around after dinner and see if any of the drivers are hammered? If so, we will take their keys away from them and let you drive. Just kidding. That's a great offer. The only problem is that if you are not on the rental car contract as a driver and you get in a wreck driving, it will be a real issue. However, if the driver of record is incapable of driving, it's really a moot point.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Two looking for a ride :)

Myles-You and your girl can ride with me and Steve if you can fit in the car. I have a "mid-size" from Avis, but you never know what that hell that means until you get there and pick up your car. I was in San Diego once and they tried to get me to take a Ford Fiesta as a compact. That damn thing was a go-cart with wheels. I refused and made them give me a real car.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Myles-You and your girl can ride with me and Steve if you can fit in the car. I have a "mid-size" from Avis, but you never know what that hell that means until you get there and pick up your car. I was in San Diego once and they tried to get me to take a Ford Fiesta as a compact. That damn thing was a go-cart with wheels. I refused and made them give me a real car.

Thanks don't take up much room :)

OTOH, sometimes you get a free upgrade :)

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I hope we have an accountant in the group. A single bill with 20 people's tabs is always a nightmare to figure out. Usually someone who ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and drank the most expensive booze will offer up, "How about we just split the bill equally?" The guy that ordered the hamburger and drank water is not usually happy. Be warned, I plan on having a nice steak and good beer.

Don't know how many of you have Android phones, but Advanced Bill Splitter works great for a situation like this.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.movinapp.billapp&hl=en

It needs a work-around when only some share bottles of wine of different prices and others drink beer but some drink water, but otherwise it runs up what everyone ordered, splits the tax and the tip.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I have two cell phones; one from work which is the latest Dingle Berry model which immediately has the software dumbed down on it for IA purposes after it's bought, and I own a Samsung dumb phone that always resides in the console of my Ford Edge plugged in through the charger so I can talk through the Edge when I order food from My Thai or the Outback. Sounds like all we need is one person with an android phone (maybe two if we have wine geeks sharing bottles of wine). I won't be in the sniffing and swirling club.

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
A gentle reminder that bar tabs will be individually cash and carry so, collectively, we won't need to fret about sorting those in the final, food-only bill.

New additions to our attendees:

Rich and wife
flez007 and wife

Now 22-24 folks, depending on a couple of "probables". :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
A gentle reminder that bar tabs will be individually cash and carry so, collectively, we won't need to fret about sorting those in the final, food-only bill.

New additions to our attendees:

Rich and wife
flez007 and wife

Now 22-24 folks, depending on a couple of "probables". :)

Guess there won't be any way to get a consensus on any audio related issue with that number of people. Looks like we'll have to have breakout groups :)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Guess there won't be any way to get a consensus on any audio related issue with that number of people. Looks like we'll have to have breakout groups :)

No chance at all Myles. Once you get past the common bond that we all love music, we quickly see more fractures than a bone and joint clinic in a nursing home.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing