Please Welcome Phelonious Ponk To The WBF Administrative Team

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
If you are a regular to WBF, you will know Tim by his witty, and enlightening posts here. Over the past year Tim (Phelonious Ponk) has become a frequent daily contributor here and always has his eyes on the board. As a result and with some coaxing Tim has agreed to join our Administrative team in the capacity of Super Moderator, There is no doubt in my mind that with Tim's audio knowledge and his acerbic humor that his presence here at WBF is well received by membership. Please join me in welcoming Tim to this new position

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Congrats Tim! This is a great choice in my opinion.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Thank you, gentlemen, I appreciate the support, though I suspect the honor is a result of my spending so much time here rather than any demonstrated skill for diplomacy. :)

Tim

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
As you are one of the members with whom I regularly and always friendly debate different audio options I hope you do not become too diplomatic, unless posting in green ... :cool:
Congratulations Tim!

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Perfect:

A man who does not believe in, as John Dunlavy used to call it, flooby dust. (unless, of course, there is some scientific support for the existence of "flooby dust").

I much look forward to your continued contributions.

Same here... Agree also with Microstrip (very unusual :) ) Don't go all diplomatic on us :(

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Are you REALLY sure you want to do this?? My condolences!!

Thank-you Tim for your time. People like you and Steve do not get the appreciation they deserve.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Glad you're on, and thanks for the time so far. And yeah, not that you need anyone to tell you, but skip the pc diplomacy.

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
Perfect:

A man who does not believe in, as John Dunlavy used to call it, flooby dust. (unless, of course, there is some scientific support for the existence of "flooby dust").

I much look forward to your continued contributions.

I promise to always honor and respect the possiblity, no matter how remote, of the existence of flooby dust whenever typing in green.

Tim

DonH50

Member Sponsor & WBF Technical Expert
Jun 22, 2010
Monument, CO
I learned ages ago that, as a manager, making everyone happy is never the goal. I have decided the best I could ever hope for, as a manager or moderator, is to have an equal number of folk annoyed with me, for opposite reasons. :) Serving in the latter capacity on another forum I appreciate having a well-balanced group of Moderators large enough to share the load; I certainly believe Tim will be a great asset to the WBF team.

I have traded my flooby dust for pixie dust; not only is it much prettier, but it makes my system fly. :D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi Phelonius,

Look forward to reading even more from you! ;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As you are one of the members with whom I regularly and always friendly debate different audio options I hope you do not become too diplomatic, unless posting in green ... :cool:
Congratulations Tim!

+1,000,000,000,000

:cool::cool::cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Tim, thanks for taking this on!

I actually don't expect any change from you, as your posts are always well considered IMO.

And, we do understand you pretty well by now too.

Tom

I agree Tom and that is why I felt Tim would be well heard and well respected here and the rest is history.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing