For Sale: VPI TNT and SDS

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Here is my ad from Audiogon and I will sweeten the deal from what I have posted there:

This is an earlier model VPI TNT with the square cut out for the motor and the heavy T-Bar plate that sat under the table that the motor is mounted on. At the direction of VPI, I removed the two pulleys from the T-bar plate and snapped in caps provided by VPI to cover the holes. The extra pulleys sounded in good in theory, but in reality they just added noise to the signal. I also replaced the motor with the 300 RPM motor.

This TNT table has seen some other improvements as well. The bearing was rebuilt by a machinist. The old bushings had a .003 tolerance between the bushings and the platter spindle. The machinist pressed out the old bushings, machined and line bored new bushings with a tolerance of .001, pressed in the new bushings, polished the thrust plate, micro-polished the platter spindle and re-oiled the bearing. The machinist also checked the run out on the platter as the TNT platter has an adjustment for the run out. The run out was tweaked in to a very tight tolerance. This table also has one of the most desirable platters with all of the different layers/materials.

I also have an SDS that I bought brand new and I do have the original box, packing material, owner’s manual, and strobe disc. DO NOT SEND ME EMAILS ASKING ME TO SELL YOU THE SDS SEPARATE FROM THE TNT. And no, the TNT stand you see in the pictures is not included. There is no tonearm or cartridge that is included as part of this deal. I will provide one armboard that was custom made from Delrin and drilled perfectly for the FR-64S tonearm. New blank armboards as well as custom drilled armboards are available from VPI.

Here is your chance to own a world-class turntable at a price that would not buy you something that sounds nearly this good for the same price new. Buyer to pay actual shipping from 47424 and it will be shipped in multiple boxes. Read my feedback here and on Ebay (mepearson8hm1) and you can see it’s perfect in both places so you can buy with confidence. Pay pal add 3%

So here is the deal sweetner: You pay $2300 plus actual shipping costs and pay pal fees (if used), and I will include the ET-2 arm you see in the pictures with 2 ET pumps and a homemade surge tank.

Attachments

• tnt number 2..jpg
    tnt number 2..jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 57
  • sds..jpg
    sds..jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 57

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing