Tell me your browser, and I tell you how smart you are!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Or At least these guys do! http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20085679-71/just-how-stupid-are-ie-users/?tag=cnetRiver

"When scientists attempt to correlate numbers, it's best to open a nice Casa Nuestra Tinto Classico and pour yourself a large glass.
Only then can you really savor the conclusions that can so easily be reached when one lot of numbers goes on a blind date with another.
Take this fascinating new study from a Canadian psychometric consulting company called AptiQuant. Appearing to have no relationship with the cosmetics of Mary Quant, these people still seem able to create a very pretty visage, one that will have us all talking to the second bottle...."

Quick: switch browsers! :D

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Bad data

yields faulty analysis culminating in irrelevant conclusions.
I adhere and rely on clairvoyance, myself :rolleyes:

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
I wonder what the average IQ of people who believe polls is.

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I use both Safari and Firefox. Can I combine my scores?

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Are you really surprised about this article from CNET? Anytime there is an opportunity to bash MS or any other non-Apple company they're in your face making news about it.

I use IE9 and love it...so call me stupid!

RUR

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Internet Explorer IQ report appears to be a hoax

Staff photos and information on the Aptiquant website -- a fully developed portal that includes contact information, previous press releases and studies, and a supposed history of the company -- appear to have been lifted from the website of a French Web development firm, Central Test.

"Central Test noticed the fraudulent use of its identity by Aptiquant, a Canadian company and deny any direct or indirect link with the above mentioned company," the company said in a post on its site Wednesday

The post said Central Test is investigating and reserves rights to pursue legal action against whoever lifted the photos.
...the Aptiquant website appears to have been created on July 14 and that a physical address in Vancouver that the firm lists appears to be phony as well. The company's site claimed it was founded in 2006....
On Wednesday, no one was immediately returning messages to the e-mail addresses listed on the Aptiquant website.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I like this in the comments:

"I'm beginning to question my own IQ for getting sucked into reading these articles."

:)

Phelonious Ponk

Jun 30, 2010
I tried Firefox for awhile, then switched back to Safari. I use IE at work, but I don't know what version it is. It seems clumsy and illogical to me, but that's probably just a matter of not being used to it. The new job has me spending a lot of time with Microsoft products. Most of them are ok. Power Point...maybe I need to take a class or something. It's fine, but I find myself asking "Really?" Is that all it's got after this many versions?" But it's just brilliant compared to Publisher. Publisher is horrible. This is a "layout" program? This is a short step above trying to lay out a document in Word.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing