You too can receive up to 40% of $15M US...

Ki Choi

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Seattle WA area
Guess, Nigeria had finally run out of the often offered easy money to invest or transfer to your account for a small fee...
This honest lady is from Sudan, and you could be the lucky recipient:

Subject: NEED URGENT ASSISTANCE
Date: Tue, July 12, 2011 4:12 pm
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Priority: Normal
Options: View Full Header | View Printable Version | Download as a file | Spam | Not Spam

Dear,

I am Ms. Danita Justin from South Sudan, I would like to
invest/buy shares in your company/country but I don't know
if you will be able to help/assist me. This is my reason of
contacting you to know if you will be of assistance.

I have $15 Million United States Dollars to invest in any
profitable business in your company/country. This funds
is right now in a security firm in Europe. If you can handle
this business/transaction then, let me know so that I will
give you the full details.

I am ready to compensate you with 40% of the total funds if
you assist me. Thanks for taking the time to read my mail,
awaiting your positive response showing interest in
investing in your company. send me mail at danijustin07@aol.com

Sincerely,
Ms Danita Justin

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
A much worse version of this was on a news program. People went to match.com, thought they had met their dream partner only to be asked to have all of their savings mailed to these people. Little did they know that the girl they were talking was a guy in Africa, and the Army officer was yet another deadbeat there. Remarkable how good these people were to cheat these people out of their money over many weeks and months of communicating with them.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'd say if you thought you had met your dream person on match.com and your dream person asked you to mail all of your money to them, they are probably not so dreamy.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Did you hear about the woman suing the guy she met on Facebook? He's from Washington.

Mich. woman sues after Facebook romance fails

I'd say it will get tossed out. I don't know what it is but older females just seem more gullible. I noticed this when I was dating not long ago.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
If the $8000 she says she spent were for gifts and not a loan, she won't get anything back. That's why they are called gifts.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
"The single mother said they met playing Mafia Wars, and that the friendship became romantic. For months they spent as many as six hours a day communicating online."

I am behind times. Didn't think you could get "romantic" just typing text to each other. Wonder what word they use to describe real romance!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Scams are a conspiracy between the greed and wishful thinking of the "victim" as much as the deception of the scam artist. The effect can be so potent on the "victims", an observer might think that the "victims" were born to be fooled and hypnotized by the scam artists and are just waiting for the con artists to come along due to some odd vulnerability in their psyche.

I read an article about a swindler in Britain many years ago who ran a massive scam based on the "Sir Francis Drake" myth. He had thousands of correspondents sending him money from all over the world. The scam generally stated that the "victims" were identified as distant relatives of Sir Francis Drake, who had a secret fortune mouldering and increasing in private vaults in England for centuries, but which was close to being released to the "rightful heirs". The "victims", of course, merely needed to provide some funding for the ongoing legal efforts to release the "fortune" in order to become wealthy. The appeal was to greed, with a dollop of vanity thrown in as being an heir to a historical figure.

When the perpetrator was unmasked, and the scam revealed to the "victims", some of whom had been sending money for years, they were enraged that con artist had been arrested and rushed to defend him. They were so locked into the idea of the myth, that they literally refused to wise up. They more or less elected a new con artist who maintained their delusions while swindling them. The "Francis Drake" swindle has a devoted polity, and has thus been one of the most persistent and intractable cons ever.

Maybe that's why we have the politicians we have, everybody is looking for a good con artist to maintain their myths and delusions.

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
I keep getting e-mails like the one that I received earlier today from all over the world including Nigeria regarding sale of my photographs:

Hi,
I am Kristin Scott, an American but I live and work here in Australia. This mail is to make inquiry on the below question.
1- Do you carry overseas? (though i already know of a freight forwarder that will pick my packages from you,since they ship lesser than any other courier and they are so effective in shipping my goods to me here in Queensland,Australia is estimated to be 3-4days) I have used their services in the past and it was splendid.
2- Do you accept credit card for payment(my U.S.A Master and Visa card to be precise)?
Kindly let me know your comments on these, before i send the items i am interested in purchasing from you.

Kristin

For the several initial contacts trying to make purchases I tried to cover my butt and have some payment requirements. Needless to say, the people contacting me never agreed to the sale.

Since then I have just ignored such contacts.

Rich

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
"The single mother said they met playing Mafia Wars, and that the friendship became romantic. For months they spent as many as six hours a day communicating online."

I am behind times. Didn't think you could get "romantic" just typing text to each other. Wonder what word they use to describe real romance!

You do not think texts such as "U R my M8 4 life" are romantic :)

Cheers
Orb

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing