Dual Connect speaker cables

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
I won't get into the whole cable debate here, but will say with my 2-channel system these made an audible difference in the high end.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Could you tell us a little more about the cables? I haven't run across them in my audio travels :)

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Could you tell us a little more about the cables? I haven't run across them in my audio travels :)

These are gold plated solid silver core. Two runs per cable covered in a tube of PTFE insulation / two cables per side. They have a resistance of only 0.0033 ohms/meter. Spade terminals are gold plated copper. Not something you want to move around much, but if your system is stable, these work well.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

These are gold plated solid silver core. Two runs per cable covered in a tube of PTFE insulation / two cables per side. They have a resistance of only 0.0033 ohms/meter. Spade terminals are gold plated copper. Not something you want to move around much, but if your system is stable, these work well.

Are you saying they're stiff? I have really come to hate stiff cables because over time, they really put a strain on the RCA connectors, etc.

What do the cables retail for?

Wardsweb

May 8, 2010
San Antonio, TX
wardswebllc.com
Are you saying they're stiff? I have really come to hate stiff cables because over time, they really put a strain on the RCA connectors, etc.

What do the cables retail for?

"Stiff" is a relative term. I guess you really need a reference point. These bend and form easily being a precious metal. Not to be compare with 12awg copper romex or some Maple Audio Whisper solid core cables I had that were difficult at best to bend and use.

Here is a pic taken before I veneered the cabinets, but you can see how the spades worked great with the binding posts on the speakers.

retail for around $1600

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
"Stiff" is a relative term. I guess you really need a reference point. These bend and form easily being a precious metal. Not to be compare with 12awg copper romex or some Maple Audio Whisper solid core cables I had that were difficult at best to bend and use.

retail for around $1600

Or the FIM/CRL cables!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing