Axpona HD Videos are up- TAS

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010
The Absolute Sound is proud to present Axpona New York show videos in HD. Many of them came out quite well. It's just like being at the show! Wait to you see the world’s littlest audiophile.

http://www.avguide.com/channel/the-absolute-sound/review

I hope you enjoy them,

Sincerely,

Peter Breuninger

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
Interesting to watch the video with Tom Altobelli of Woodbridge Stereo.

I bought a ARC SP-10 and Infinity RS1Bs from him back in the 80's.

Nice to see he's going strong.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I'm still trying to swallow the price tags on the pair of 200 watt tube amps that cost $175,000. The guy that blurted out the price looked like he was having a hard time saying it and keeping a straight face. That bunch looked like a group of old hippies more than a bunch of ham radio operators. Ham radio guys usually look like geeks and not hippies. If you have ever been to a hamfest, you know what I mean and you know that you probably won't see any hot chicks there. Kind of like going to a Star Wars convention and expecting to see some hot chicks.

Oh, and the amps only have 1% distortion.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I'm still trying to swallow the price tags on the pair of 200 watt tube amps that cost $175,000. The guy that blurted out the price looked like he was having a hard time saying it and keeping a straight face. That bunch looked like a group of old hippies more than a bunch of ham radio operators. Ham radio guys usually look like geeks and not hippies. If you have ever been to a hamfest, you know what I mean and you know that you probably won't see any hot chicks there. Kind of like going to a Star Wars convention and expecting to see some hot chicks.

Oh, and the amps only have 1% distortion.

At CES, I asked them the price and was told the company was still deciding :)

JasonI

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks for posting these videos.

Noel Lee on the different sound of USB cables

Noel Lee said:
...get high degree of jitter and distortion just coming out of USB, so that's, uh, one of the things. And then take USB and look at the jitter on a cable. We all know what digital audio cables can do. And we look for jitter. Dave was a professional recording engineer. They deal with that all the time. So I think the difference you're hearing is one, the different, uh, conversions out of the USB output and the second is, you know, the quality of the cable. Now we overbuild our cables and over build the conductors, and you know, sometimes short lengths, I think the short length problem exists in digital because it's copper. I mean you got a digital signal traveling on copper you're going to experience issues with it.

Noel punts to the recording guy, David Rideau, who says they spend $7,000 on digital clock sources for their AES infrastructure. They don't use USB.

I'm surprised by the lack of preparedness on Noel's part. You'd think that as a cable guru with the marketing prowess of Monster behind him, he would at least make sense. It's like he's not even sold on the product. The world wouldn't implode if he told the truth.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I see a lot of audio shows that won't make it to 2012. this seems like one, the cap fest another.

even while the Newport show was crowded----some of that related to not having a show in 5 years.

seems having RMAF and one other show (be it NY or west coast) is about all we need.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing