Bigger Avatar Sizes Please!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
The current size is a bit limiting and below many other forums. Would it be possible to go to 160x160 pixels. Then I think it would benefit the forum by allowing better image quality and more choice.

I don't believe this increase would hurt forum bandwidth too much either.

Thanks for the consideration. :cool:

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've searched through the control panel and so far haven't been able to find a way to allow for larger size.

BTW, some fora have avatars which are overpowering and take a lot of space. We aren't interested in this

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I personally don't care either way, but when Blu-ray.com switched from 80x80 to 160x120 (member pressure/demand), the response was overwhelmingly positive. It's not a bad idea. Personally though, I'd prefer to see us go from a 10-post limit per page to a 20-post limit.

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I personally don't care either way, but when Blu-ray.com switched from 80x80 to 160x120 (member pressure/demand), the response was overwhelmingly positive. It's not a bad idea. Personally though, I'd prefer to see us go from a 10-post limit per page to a 20-post limit.

John,

Under "Settings" at the top of the page, you can change the number of posts displayed per page: SETTINGS > MY ACCOUNT > GENERAL SETTINGS > THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS

Lee

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
John,

Under "Settings" at the top of the page, you can change the number of posts displayed per page: SETTINGS > MY ACCOUNT > GENERAL SETTINGS > THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS

Lee

The egg on my face is getting crusted.....I should have known that...:mad:at myself and somewhat :eek:
Thx Lee!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I've searched through the control panel and so far haven't been able to find a way to allow for larger size.

BTW, some fora have avatars which are overpowering and take a lot of space. We aren't interested in this

I will check with some friends and see if I can find the command for the avatar increase.

The only problems I have heard is with GIFs which can take up a lot of space.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Originally Posted by Steve Williams

Stupid me. I did find how it can be done and it is pretty easy BUT here's the catch.

Every member with an existing avatar will have to reformat their avatar and that could be an issue for members who aren't aware

.Mass emails can be sent by me to every member but all too often it ends up as spam and is blocked or deleted

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I don't think it matters whether everyone does it or not; those who care will notice the larger avatars in some others and will reformat theirs - all you need is a thread that explains how it can be done. Besides, we'd love to see your face a little clearer; right now, it reminds me of a spy fellow.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Stupid me. I did find how it can be done and it is pretty easy BUT here's the catch.

Every member with an existing avatar will have to reformat their avatar and that could be an issue for members who aren't aware

.Mass emails can be sent by me to every member but all too often it ends up as spam and is blocked or deleted

One way around this or complimentary to the emails...why not do a top of screen broadcast message? That way all active members will see it.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I'm ready to put up my new LARGER avatar....;)

john..jpg

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing