wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
Here's the amp - JR 625

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
There is utter beauty in simplicity! What's the price of the Alyas? Haven't seen them in the States yet... (dealers that is)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Everything in the room above is beautiful. Kinda makes one wish he were a bachelor again. :)

Sole Invictus

Feb 22, 2014
Does anyone have any idea why these speakers are priced the same as the Avior ($29.5k)? They are 2-way, designed for smaller space (even smaller than the Atria). They must have better quality parts including the aircraft grade aluminum front baffle (which the Atria and Avior don't have) to justify for that price I guess

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
Because:

1. It uses tweeter from Altair II/Arrakis II, the best possible 6.5 driver Andy can ever make.
2. The build quality is top-notch. Much better than Avior.
3. Crossover network design princicples from top of the line model. I believe crossover network is one of the most expensive things people are buying for these days.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Because:

1. It uses tweeter from Altair II/Arrakis II, the best possible 6.5 driver Andy can ever make.
2. The build quality is top-notch. Much better than Avior.
3. Crossover network design princicples from top of the line model. I believe crossover network is one of the most expensive things people are buying for these days.

I bet it's a special speaker knowing Andy. I'm sure it's design points helping it achieve wonders in a small room ...

David

Aug 11, 2012

nice ;
into a room around 20 to 25 m2, it is the best speaker on the market ;
the YG carmel 2 is also a great model ; but the Rockport Alya is even better.
I have chance to compare ; Alya is a FABULOUS speaker ! the BIG performance for small rooms.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
nice ;
into a room around 20 to 25 m2, it is the best speaker on the market ;
the YG carmel 2 is also a great model ; but the Rockport Alya is even better.
I have chance to compare ; Alya is a FABULOUS speaker ! the BIG performance for small rooms.

Very nice room !

Windows X

Feb 28, 2011
www.fidelizer-audio.com
It quickly got discontinued. I must say this is one of the hardest speakers to get it working right. It's very critical and non-forgiving. It sounded awful for first few months and getting better over time when you can find better spots of speakers positioning.

I bought this speakers almost 3 years ago as you can see from my first post here and I only get to see its full potentials only 6 months ago. Once you get there, it'll be a real magic to hear unbelievable quality of bass from just only 6.5 inch driver.

This is truly the finest speakers ever designed for 20sqmm room. One millimeter makes a big difference for Rockport Alya and not so many people can get to hear its full potentials.

sujay

Member Sponsor
May 5, 2012
Singapore
Hi,

The criticality of placement probably holds true for all the other Rockport speakers as well including the Avior and that is indeed a true labor of love.......but boy, when you get it right.......!!! I have heard very few speakers that disappear as well as the Rockports. They have everything one can ask for but not easy to optimize. For instance, in my case, I find the Avior are more sensitive to distance from side walls than the wall behind the speakers. And they work especially well in near field. Probably this can be said of most box speakers but it really rings true of the Rockports imo

Cheers

Sujay

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing