Sirius acquires Pandora for 3.5B

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
http://time.com/5404440/sirius-xm-pandora/

Interesting. I use Pandora because its algorithm for understanding the music's "DNA" and then generating a radio station prompted by my key selection(s) is superb. This is especially true for less popular formats such as world music. I use Pandora mostly for the pool and hot tub (too hard to schlep the turntable to the hot tub :cool:). I use Tidal when I'm on the big rig because of the quality (only Tidal and Qobuz are lossless). With Tidal, I generally choose the artist as I'm not a huge fan of their radio station mixes.

On demand music streaming will surely continue to evolve. I wonder if Spotify (71M paying users) will adopt the Pandora (5M paying users) algorithm for music selection? Even better, it would be really nice if Spotify/Pandora will now upgrade their SQ. It seems that with less than 4M paying users, Tidal's future is grim.

Last edited:

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I also love Pandora as I believe its the best system to fine new music.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing