ROCK Music Albums that had a Significant Impact in your Youth | Including some that you know are ..

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
My youth soundtrack. 71H9ZR6EGFL._SY355_[1].jpg

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
When Crosby, Stills & Nash came up they were a delight with their harmonies, vocals, acoustics, calm and relaxing playing.

They made an impact in my musical journey of my youth.

* Coming up Cat Stevens (Catch Bull @ Four +++) and Shawn Phillips (Collaboration and Second Contribution).

Reactions: cpvniii

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

_____

* Catch Bull @ Four is most memorable for the magic it brought between I and my brothers and sisters and close friends. Tea and Teaser and Mona and Buddha, they all had many many spins.
All the family, my two sisters...Tea for the Tillerman...they love, and Teaser & the Firecat.
All the seven albums above...part of me and my family's music evolution, nature, peace, a good break from school and bar fights. ...A Sunday afternoon walk in the forest picking garlic with John, our grandfather.
___

Last edited:
Reactions: cpvniii

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..

_____

* Catch Bull @ Four is most memorable for the magic it brought between I and my brothers and sisters and close friends. Tea and Teaser and Mona and Buddha, they all had many many spins.
All the family, my two sisters...Tea for the Tillerman...they love, and Teaser & the Firecat.
All the seven albums above...part of me and my family's music evolution, nature, peace, a good break from school and bar fights. ...A Sunday afternoon walk in the forest picking garlic with John, our grandfather.
___

..saw Cat in ‘76 during his Majicat tour here in Indy. The opening song was The Wind...great concert..

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
LiveDead.jpg
Even though the first Dead album that caught my ear was Skull & Roses, Live Dead gave me a sense of how far out the music could go. The rest is history.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Janes Addiction Nothings Shocking. In a time of hair bands and cheesy pop, Jane's burst on the scene with modern and well executed art rock.

Attachments

• 287BE646-FC7F-4436-B75B-CD745E4ABFD2.jpeg
    287BE646-FC7F-4436-B75B-CD745E4ABFD2.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
The moment when I understood the emotions counts, not self-expression :).

Hated "electronic" before. Youths usually are devoted to particular music style and dismiss the rest .

Megalike. Great album

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Hey Bob, quit picking all my albums :)

I have to add 4 way street, King Crimson Court of The Crimson King, Pink Floyd Adam Heart Mother,Traffic john barleycorn,Santana,Jimie Hendrix,....endless...oh and the Chambers Bros...It's A Beautiful Day,Jefferson Airplaine,Mountain,Greatful Dead.....

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
I was about 12 when my Uncle gave me this LP - he knew all the words and I soon realized why.- the album was explosive. I soon after became the worlds biggest Hendrix fan, coincidently he was buried up the street from where I lived at the time and his father lived across the valley who I looked up in the White Pages and had several phone conversations with.

I run all digital today, long story but I still hear the skip, crackles and pops from this heavily worn LP from back in the day as recently with the new Bernie Grundman SACD remaster. (and it does sound good!)

Attachments

• A0A7BD93-B8A0-4CC1-9A74-1575F31F49DB.jpeg
    A0A7BD93-B8A0-4CC1-9A74-1575F31F49DB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Janes Addiction Nothings Shocking. In a time of hair bands and cheesy pop, Jane's burst on the scene with modern and well executed art rock.

Janes had a great run, this was a great album for that genre

Reactions: jeff1225

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
View attachment 44827
Even though the first Dead album that caught my ear was Skull & Roses, Live Dead gave me a sense of how far out the music could go. The rest is history.

Hooked right now on Workingmans Dead and American Beauty, hooked I tell you!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hey Bob, quit picking all my albums :)

I have to add 4 way street, King Crimson Court of The Crimson King, Pink Floyd Adam Heart Mother,Traffic john barleycorn,Santana,Jimie Hendrix,....endless...oh and the Chambers Bros...It's A Beautiful Day,Jefferson Airplaine,Mountain,Greatful Dead.....

I'm on strike right now; trying to comprehend the world we live in us all. :D

* Nice relaxing background color by the way...peachy. :cool:

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
First album I ever bought.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
My uncle bought these for my 12th birthday...literally rocked my world

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Although I was already very much into music and started buying vinyl in 1967, it wasn't until I heard DSOTM on tape in 1973/4 that my eyes and ears opened to a world I had never before experienced.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Hi John,

You just mentioned Pink Floyd, and I think we all forgot to say how much influence they had in our teens, ...very big.

Two films that for me had a big impact in the early seventies.
• Zabriskie Point

...And • Live @ Pompeii

Then the albums ...

It's hard for me to put one @ the top.
Meddle is certainly there, and so Wish You Were Here. Those two made a huge impact.
Then Atom Heart Mother and Dark Side of the Moon.
_____

* Next band ... The Rolling Stones, and some more albums from Led Zeppelin.

Reactions: Johnny Vinyl

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing