New Baby AMG

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Had to get something I could drive in the rain everyday (‘19 GLA45). The SL63 stays in the garage most of the time...... though it IS FASTER!!

GLA 1.jpg

GLA 2.jpg

Last edited:

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
This thing has every option you can get. Whomever ordered this, checked every box (except for that hideous looking $2500 rear wing). Who knew you could have over 32 colors of ambient interior lighting? That was a $200 option :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Very nice! What's the horsepower increase with the optional AMG Driver's Package over the standard edition?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
208 vs. 375
I am a recent owner of a 2018 C 43 AMG. Its a super fun car and I am enjoying the heck out it,
Best regards and enjoy

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Those are really nice, probably the only crossover type vehicle on the market I'd be happy to own. 2L 4 makes 375 hp at 24 psi boost! The new direct injected turbos are capable of tuning it would take race fuel to accomplish with port injection.

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Those are really nice, probably the only crossover type vehicle on the market I'd be happy to own. 2L 4 makes 375 hp at 24 psi boost! The new direct injected turbos are capable of tuning it would take race fuel to accomplish with port injection.

And with only just an ECU reflash by Renntech, it goes up to 428HP and 417lb/ft of torque!!!!

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Nice figures! What's the lb/ft now? Did you do a dyno test yet?

Right now it's 350 lb/ft. I only have about 300 miles on it so far. I'll sure be taking it to the dyno after its first service!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
And with only just an ECU reflash by Renntech, it goes up to 428HP and 417lb/ft of torque!!!!

IIRC Audi has something similar. Do you have that chip Bruce? I understand that they aren't very expensive and are approved by Audi. How about the one for the AMG

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
IIRC Audi has something similar. Do you have that chip Bruce? I understand that they aren't very expensive and are approved by Audi. How about the one for the AMG

Yes, I'll be ordering the chip. It's only $1750. Cheap horsepower! The AMG center here will install/warrant the work. I had it installed in the SL which increased it from 577 to 605!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Yes, I'll be ordering the chip. It's only $1750. Cheap horsepower! The AMG center here will install/warrant the work. I had it installed in the SL which increased it from 577 to 605!

What does the chip do to the 45's MPG? I would have thought getting that kind of power with really good MPG would be a treat, not having to stop at the gas station as frequently.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
What does the chip do to the 45's MPG? I would have thought getting that kind of power with really good MPG would be a treat, not having to stop at the gas station as frequently.

If you don't drive like a hooligan, then the gas mileage should be about the same as stock. Drive like a hooligan and all bets are off!! I've gotten as low as 9 mpg in the SL..... :p

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Does installing this chip in the SL void the MB factory warranty, or complicate regular service or smog testing in any way?

Bruce B

Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Does installing this chip in the SL void the MB factory warranty, or complicate regular service or smog testing in any way?

Warranty is still good, A and B service are exactly the same and does nothing to smog testing.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you.

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
If you don't drive like a hooligan, then the gas mileage should be about the same as stock. Drive like a hooligan and all bets are off!! I've gotten as low as 9 mpg in the SL..... :p

9 mpg is something like 26 liter? Well, if you've got a rocket use it like one I say! :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing