Auralic Altair

PhilipAC

Nov 20, 2013
Hi all

I would just like to share my experience with a new Auralic Altair.

My system consists of an artisan high end server, a Lampizator Golden Gate 2, Thoress valve amplifiers and horn speakers. For various reasons my server and DAC were going to be out of commission for a month or so, and I felt unable/unwilling to live without classical music for that long!

After much investigation I bought an Auralic Altair as a one box temporary solution and as a spare back up for future purposes. A brand new unit that had been unboxed and sitting on the Harrow Audio dealer's shelf for £1549.

All I can say is that it sounds fantastic, both in absolute terms and especially for the price. Is it going to replace my high end server and GG2? Of course not, but I can say that it is filling the temporary gap much much better than I expected.

Also, I had a question about volume control settings, and the owner replied to my email within a few hours, and on a Sunday!

Thank you Auralic!

Philip

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing