Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help- Spectral DMA-180

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mullard88 View Post
    Rick Fryer considers his products his babies and gets irritated when people modify them. It would seem that feels that everything Spectral belongs to him and he just sold us the opportunity to hear his product. One can always modify them and void the warranty. It’s part of the deal when one purchases his products. As far as I know, he has not black listed any customers. One can still buy another unit in case one destroys the unit doing modifications.
    As long as the rules are stated clearly and are well known, it is perfectly acceptable. However many times we only learn about these specific aspects after buying, as they are not written anywhere.

Things can become more complicated for international buyers if they have no distributors able to service equipment in their countries. Finding they have to send heavy equipment to the factory just to replace a 10 cent resistor is not a good thing!
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Metronome Kalista / Kondo KSL DAC, Soundlab A1 Px's , EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, ARC REF40, VTL Siegfried II, TA Opus MM2 speaker and signal, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Perhaps Spectral will swap out the board instead of changing the resistor.

I have only experienced Spectral repair service once for a dac. At that time, it seemed like I only had to ship the board back. Spectral refused to repair it as they claim my tech has touched it.

All my other Spectrals are still working. Some are 30 years old already.

[Industry Expert] Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    As long as the rules are stated clearly and are well known, it is perfectly acceptable. However many times we only learn about these specific aspects after buying, as they are not written anywhere.

Things can become more complicated for international buyers if they have no distributors able to service equipment in their countries. Finding they have to send heavy equipment to the factory just to replace a 10 cent resistor is not a good thing!
    I have no problem with a manufacturer or a distributor not wanting to get involved after someone has aftermarket changed or modified the product. To me that makes sense that they would not want to assume responsibility for someone else's actions. They make excellent products but they are condescending, arrogant and non cooperative. When I was involved they had one tech and he worked part time. That made things even worse.
    Bending Wave USA distributors of Gobel High End Loudspeakers and Cables 100 percent made in Germany
    Dealers for CH Precision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12