Goodwood Revival Classic Car Event 2018

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
My son and I attended this three day event last Saturday and the following photos may be of interest.
The Goodwood circuit is in the grounds of the Duke of Ricmond's estate and it is the circuit where Stirling Moss had his racing career ended by a crash in 1962.Not big enough for Grand Prix events now but a nice little circuit.
Also the 100th anniversary year of the formation of the RAF so an aircraft display as well.
The photos may bring back a few memories of younger years.

Attachments

• IMG_0338.JPG
    IMG_0338.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0344.JPG
    IMG_0344.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0357.JPG
    IMG_0357.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 47

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Some great photos there Barry, thanks for posting. Did you happen to see the Porsche 917 that is well known for attending this meet...the one that won Daytona with Pedro Rodriguez at the wheel. It’s a truly awesome car.
Many other great vehicles at this event, one of these days, I need to visit. A car guys heaven.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Thanks Davey
I did not see the 917 so not sure.
There were 7 races to watch as well as seeing as many of the static exhibits as we could fit in as well as grabbing some of the varied and excellent food that was available.
It was superbly organised. About seven grandstands dotted around the circuit, really good signposting on the approach roads, ample car parking plus big screens and a single ear headphone along with the programme to catch it all if you weren't near to one of the big screens.
Many of those attending were dressed for the occasion and a lot of people there from other countries.
For anybody interested in classic cars a real trip of a lifetime.
Bonhams the classic car dealers had an auction in the afternoon. The star was a Ferrari Appurta (if I have got that right) which had cost£2m when new and was expected to fetch between £5m and £6.5m.
Not too difficult to get there. About 2hrs drive from Heathrow but if you did go book your hotel early as those near the circuit soon get booked up

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing