From Your Admin Team

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We are working hard in the background on updating our forum. This process is ongoing for the next 3 weeks and may cause a few display anomalies.
Please bear with us during his process. We will update you all when we have more news. Please continue to use the forum as normal. Again, we apologize if there are any display issues during this period, and we fully appreciate your continued (fantastic) support.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi is that why I am seeing multiple displays of Marc's system threads?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Also my system thread is no more being displayed

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Steve both were jokes.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Steve (not me, partly because I am distracted presently on other projects and partly because I know literally nothing about forum website software coding or “behind-the-scenes” website functionality or operation) has been working literally full-time with our IT advisor/website designer to bring all of us in the near future a more contemporary-looking and easier-to-use platform for WBF. From following the e-mail chain and from seeing a sample page Steve showed me last week I am excited and optimistic about the future WBF platform!

Steve has been doing an amazing job on this project and, assuming he and the IT advisor/website designer do not hit any unforeseen roadblocks, I think we are all going to be happy with the new platform and proud of Steve’s time and efforts on this evolution of WBF!

There may very well be some glitches during the conversion process from the old platform to the new platform. Just imagine the complexity and pitfalls of translating and migrating all of the giant amount of text, photos, videos, threads, subforums and other data from one platform operating system to a different platform operating system!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi is that why I am seeing multiple displays of Marc's system threads?

Hahaha! No, Kedar, a different glitch is at work there.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
To all...

Better things coming. Please excuse the construction in the meantime...

Tom

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
troubleshoot

The icons are lost with me, just to help you out, here is a captured image of it...

Attachments

• wbf.jpg
    wbf.jpg
    891.8 KB · Views: 181

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
We are completely aware of all of this since yesterday. Hang in there.

A little patience is never a bad thing. Thanks for your great work on this, Steve!

Steve Williams

As I have posted before, please remember that the task we are undertaking is very lengthy and so far has taken over 4 weeks of work but we are starting to see the end in sight. Please bear with us as you might find the server runs slow or there might be some additional bugs. If anyone is still seeing something that isn't right please use this thread to communicate to the admin team

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I have only seen very minor things so far, in general everything is working really well. But it does look like the changes made Ron's hair stand up higher.

Steve Williams

I have only seen very minor things so far, in general everything is working really well. But it does look like the changes made Ron's hair stand up higher.

Could you be a little more specific as I have done a thorough scan and everything seems fine to me

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Sometimes the page numbers on my computer at the bottom have been a bit funky. Like the box and numbers were not aligned. This may be fixed, I will know later.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hahaha!

Tinka took that photo this weekend and she likes it, so you are outvoted. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing