Fraud on Audiogon

Billygxx

Nov 23, 2015
I purchased an upgrade for my speakers(30k) from a dealer with several hundred positive reviews. It was a complete burn as they were going bankrupt. I would not presume that he actually has the arm just because he has positive reviews. And as David said, it has become common place to hijack someonelse's computer or account.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
North star. This seller is a fraud, plain and simple. The condition of the so called tonearm is 10/10. He is now using another image from the internet.
http://www.hxoseikona.gr/nea/4788-thales-ttt-compact-ii-with-simplicity-ii-pagkosmia-prwth.html

This is only to warn potential buyers to stay away from this guy.

Me. I don't care if anyone uses my wonderful photos of my gear - as you said, it's in the public domain. That's why my kok shots are not posted on the internet ;) that's a joke btw

However, no-one can use someone else's photos to misrepresent something they are selling.

You've just said it; he's a fraud.

Is he still advertising/selling @ Audiogon?

And I agree, photo thieves should be charged, prosecuted and sentenced. We need tougher laws, better lawmakers, more security, more protection, better deals between countries and parties, sellers and buyers, Audiogon and forum members, more peace and happiness @ Audiogon, in North America.
If I post a picture of my turntable it is mine, and nobody in the wide web world should use it without my permission, or face the consequences of the law of the land to its full extended arm. God bless us all, save us from photo thieves.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
And I agree, photo thieves should be charged, prosecuted and sentenced. We need tougher laws, better lawmakers, more security, more protection, better deals between countries and parties, sellers and buyers, Audiogon and forum members, more peace and happiness @ Audiogon, in North America.
If I post a picture of my turntable it is mine, and nobody in the wide web world should use it without my permission, or face the consequences of the law of the land to its full extended arm. God bless us all, save us from photo thieves.

You are just being a patronising smart arse a-hole now. back to your hole please.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
No, you did the right thing by notifying Audiogon.
Now your photo isn't there anymore. Time to rejoice, mission accomplished.

There is nothing else here that we could have done than you have already did.
Those things they happen all the time and everywhere, Audiogon included.
People post photos that they found in audio shows, magazines, in China, Russia, Germany, Italy, France, USA, Canada, Mexico, everywhere where they put adds and photos, even from Twitter on the internet, Instagram, Facebook, Google, YouTube, Amazon, eBay, ...

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
You are just being a patronising smart arse a-hole now. back to your hole please.

Bob, actually, is not being that, XV-1. This simply is the annoying-to-read way in which Bob’s brain streams consciousness.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Bob, actually, is not being that, XV-1. This simply is the annoying-to-read way in which Bob’s brain streams consciousness.

Interesting Ron. You will PM members correcting them on spelling and grammar, yet dismiss Bob's condescending posts as " its just the way Bob's brain works" hmmm.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Your picture looks too good to resist Shane :D.

Tang

LOL Tang. I guess I should take crappy photo's in future :)

cheers

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Perhaps you should heed your own advise.

If you read something wrong in my posts, you have the wrong perception.
I did my best to express my own thoughts about this common thing that happens all the time everywhere.
It is nothing to sweat over.

I do understand that the seller by using your picture hit an emotional chord in you, and yes it's not nice.
But what can we really do? I think it's simply best to put your emotion aside and move forward.
It is truly nothing, I'm sure he meant no harm, and he changed the picture now.

Nothing more nothing less.
I am sorry if you have perceived some of what I've said as offensive, please rest assured that I wasn't.
I've not said one single inappropriate word. Your perception of me being an a$$hole is wrong, you are wrong, and Ron is wrong too. It happens, people can be wrong sometimes, if I was I would admit it, but I wasn't, you were by saying that I'm an a$$hole. And Ron too by encouraging you.

I forgive you both, now let's have some good times and move forward on a friendly positive honest happy direction...music.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Ron, you have any positive comment to make on this topic instead of a negative personal comment on a member . . .

A little bit backhanded, I admit, but on balance, Bob, I clearly was defending you. : )

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
One, I'm old enough to defend myself.

Two, this was a positive comment?

This simply is the annoying-to-read way in which Bob’s brain streams consciousness.

I had a high education, not everyone likes me, but I am fully adaptable and accommodating.
I listened well, I apply my lessons well, respect is number one value in my human book.
Nobody is perfect, but my aim is to be the very best I can be. I live one day @ a time, and leave behind any confrontation not worth to sweat a drop.

If my perception is wrong, my reading skills aren't. Not here not now.
I've never hurt a single fly of my life. I work constantly in my writing communication skills and soul searching, it is my ultimate goal on this planet, my destiny, my raison d'être, why I exist.
I judge no one, don't want to be judged. Like anyone else my ideas and opinion are firm as much as the human race.

I said few times before and I'm going to say it again; I want to move forward, with everyone else, including you.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
One, I'm old enough to defend myself.

Two, this was a positive comment?

This simply is the annoying-to-read way in which Bob’s brain streams consciousness.

I had a high education, not everyone likes me, but I am fully adaptable and accommodating.
I listen well, I read well, apply my lessons well. Respect is number one value in my social human book.
Nobody is perfect, but my aim is to be the very best I can be. I live one day @ a time, and leave behind any confrontation not worth to sweat a drop.

If my perception is wrong, my reading skills aren't. Not here not now.
I've never hurt a single fly of my life. I work constantly in my writing communication skills and soul searching, it is my ultimate goal on this planet, my destiny, my raison d'être, why I exist, why I was born to run.
I judge no one, don't want to be judged. Like anyone else my ideas and opinion are firm as much as the human race.

I said few times before and I'm going to say it again; I want to move forward, with everyone else, including you. I want no drama, no bull, no harassment, no playing games, no putting down anyone, ever.

P.S. By the way, WBF server is erratic today. There are few interruptions, like error 503, plus small icons not displaying images anymore. This is a very rare occurance...I thought I mentioned it to you, so that you can also tell Steve.

Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!

That is one of the glitches happening, there are others. I say this to be helpful to you, to Steve, to WBF site and all its members.

Last edited:

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Hi There Bob, I like you:)!--your quirky posts are a sometimes are a highlight on the Forum-especially those threads that threaten to become unpalatable :mad:

I see an educated, eloquent gentleman--- so carry on as usual --please?

Thank you,

BruceD

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Thanks Bruce, but I'm not looking for the limelight. I just love life passionately and everything inside of it, exactly what everyone on the globe wants but not everyone knows how.

My Dad was always saying that the best is yet to come, my Mom keeps saying life is a struggle; I've never believed her, my Dad yes, because it's me who decides where I want to go. :b
I love them both, without them I would not have said what I've just said.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
I've never hurt a single fly of my life.

Dear Northstar,

Pls come to Thailand. I want to see if you could resist killing a mosquito.

Tang

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Lol

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Hi There Bob, I like you:)!--your quirky posts are a sometimes are a highlight on the Forum-especially those threads that threaten to become unpalatable :mad:

I see an educated, eloquent gentleman--- so carry on as usual --please?

Thank you,

BruceD
+1
And please post a link or two,to a video with a song for the occasion Bob !

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Audiogon support got back to me.

?I heard back from him and he apologized and removed the photo.
Still that does not make this okay.
His account has been flagged for this violation.
Can I help you with anything else
?

pathetic. The ad is still showing, but with no photo. It's clear he is not in possession of the Thales tonearm. No idea why it has not been removed. I have asked.

The seller has now blocked me. LOL. As if I was ever going to do business with that fraud.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing