Berning Siegfried

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Someone listen this amp OTL with 300B WE?
Are 7 watt

One friend want to buy my Bergmann and give to me some money plus this amp that i can use with Quad Corner Ribbon
He speke a lot about the magic sound of this amp

Someone know it?

I can try before take
Thanks

manisandher

Feb 7, 2011
www.the2ndtier.com
Hi Gian, I owned a Berning Siegfried 300B for a number of years (a while ago now). It's an interesting amp, of that there's no doubt. When I sold it, I took it over to the buyer's house in person. He had a lot of Kondo gear and a few matched pairs of NOS WE300B valves. With the NOS WE300B valves, the Siegfried sounded substantially better than with any valves I had previously tried it with, including more recent WE300Bs.

But I have to say that I really don't like switching power supplies in any audio equipment. They seem to be fine, beneficial even, for the actual unit they're powering, but seem to put a lot of crud back into the mains, that tends to affect other equipment negatively IME. For this reason alone, I wouldn't go back to using any Berning amps. But this is very much a personal choice - the reviews Berning amps receive are generally massively positive.

HTH.

Mani.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Someone listen this amp OTL with 300B WE?
Are 7 watt

One friend want to buy my Bergmann and give to me some money plus this amp that i can use with Quad Corner Ribbon
He speke a lot about the magic sound of this amp

Someone know it?

I can try before take
Thanks

Hi Gian,
I don’t think this amp can drive your Quads properly.
david

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I know cannot drive well for his 5/7 watt but I am curious to listen for his good quality
Sunday I will try it va my Radford sta 15 and First Watt M 2

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing