The TRUTH - Why Modern Music Is Awful

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
I have seen that video before.

They guy is absolutely right. Most of today's music stinks.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
There's a lot of great new music. The only problem is that to find it you need to wade through so much crap simply because it has never been as cheap or as easy to release a song or album as it is today.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I have seen that video before.

The guy is absolutely right. Most of today's music stinks.

Gary, I checked for it here, and I couldn't find. I too said to myself it seems I saw similar in the past, and I had to double-check.
I agree; so much is not music...it's a cash register for lost kids.

Last edited:

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
There's a lot of great new music. The only problem is that to find it you need to wade through so much crap simply because it has never been as cheap or as easy to release a song or album as it is today.

Yes, and I think we have selective memory. A lot of the stuff that used to be on the radio back in the day was also crap, now the 'oldies' stations play on a loop just the best (or most popular, or whatever) from that time.

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
I agree with Al. There is no more crap today than there was when I was young.

I have no desire to listen 95% of this oldies.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Yes, and I think we have selective memory. A lot of the stuff that used to be on the radio back in the day was also crap, now the 'oldies' stations play on a loop just the best (or most popular, or whatever) from that time.

Spot on Al, for every Beatles there was a Herman's Hermits :p

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Any good new music, Jim?

Keith here are a few mostly new (to me) artists with some good tracks.
Charles Lloyd + The Marvels with Lucinda Williams. Album is "Vanished Gardens" where the opening track is really good.
Sturgill Simpson - "A Sailors Guide To Earth". The track "Oh Sarah" is a keeper.
Riopy - "Riopy" the opening track is blazing piano.
Jasper Steverlinck - "Uncut" EP & "Night Prayer"
The Coronas - "Reprise" EP
Ann Sweeten - "Flying Solo Silhoutte"
Imelda May - "Life Love Flesh Blood"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing