10 sota digital rigs

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I can’t stop listen to my PAC, sh 5u4g RK bought with our friend Shakhti is better match in my setup than standard KR with rhodium coated pins.
To my surprise I prefer coax over usb and Aes/Ebu as a best connection between W20 and Pac ,by a significant margin.
Unfortnatelay the Apricity usb cable does not work properly, Karol from Stavessence works to solve the problem,it seems that the new flash for Amanero is needed, for time being I use the silver Lampi usb cable.
W20 plus Pac and Crossfire III - I really enjoy the setup - more transparent, resolve , precise yet still musical sound, a real progress compared to my former B7.

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
May I ask a few questions.
Does the total dac server portion run Roon server to allow a iPad as a control point or does it need a pc like the renderer does ?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I can’t stop listen to my PAC, sh 5u4g RK bought with our friend Shakhti is better match in my setup than standard KR with rhodium coated pins.
To my surprise I prefer coax over usb and Aes/Ebu as a best connection between W20 and Pac ,by a significant margin.
Unfortnatelay the Apricity usb cable does not work properly, Karol from Stavessence works to solve the problem,it seems that the new flash for Amanero is needed, for time being I use the silver Lampi usb cable.
W20 plus Pac and Crossfire III - I really enjoy the setup - more transparent, resolve , precise yet still musical sound, a real progress compared to my former B7.
Did you try the network input controlled by the w20 ?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Marslo

You need to try the Final Touch audio Callisto USB cable,,,and thank me later! FTA is Serbian and Golum introduced us. Its superb on the Pac and not very pricey. He may have 1 left from the Group buy at 40% OFF RETAIL. A word to the wise is sufficient.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Marslo do you need a nas to use the network input ? Can’t the w20 be the control point for the end point ? Can the w20 use roon if no it’s over if it does it’s a end point. Now I am not pushing you ina direction you don’t want to do.
It’s my own observation and from reading others as well. For me all of the inputs were great. The network at first was not but it was used as an NAA from hq player. Roon raat is way above the naa. Also there is two to pick from in Roon raat. Airplay and amanaro both were good. The airplay was a bit less dynamic and not as forward. Relaxed is airplay some may say. Usb was on par with network amanaro. But less forward overall.
The dac is top shelf and on par with the best of the best and can be voiced with tube rolls.
Enjoying the pacific is cool enjoy.

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Marslo do you need a nas to use the network input ? Can’t the w20 be the control point for the end point ? Can the w20 use roon if no it’s over if it does it’s a end point. Now I am not pushing you ina direction you don’t want to do.
It’s my own observation and from reading others as well. For me all of the inputs were great. The network at first was not but it was used as an NAA from hq player. Roon raat is way above the naa. Also there is two to pick from in Roon raat. Airplay and amanaro both were good. The airplay was a bit less dynamic and not as forward. Relaxed is airplay some may say. Usb was on par with network amanaro. But less forward overall.
The dac is top shelf and on par with the best of the best and can be voiced with tube rolls.
Enjoying the pacific is cool enjoy.
As far as I know Roon cannot be installed on W20. The only RJ 45 protocol available is Ravenna , the soft for Merging DAC’s.
So for time being I will concentrate on coax and usb, look forward for next upgrades from Aurender.
Today I received for audition the new top coax from Combak- Hijiri HDG-R10 , there is a review on soundrebels.com, only in Polish though ( google translate should help).
https://soundrebels.com/?-hijiri-million-hdg-r10/

Then I will put the Serbian usb cable on my list, suggested by Norman.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
As far as I know Roon cannot be installed on W20. The only protocol available is Ravenna , the soft for Merging DAC’s.
So for time being I will concentrate on coax and usb, look forward for next upgrades from Aurender.
Today I receive for audition the new top coax from Combak- Hijiri HD-10G, there is a review on soundrebels.com.
Then I will put the Serbian usb cable on my list, suggested by Norman.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Marslo hi!

Tmr evening I'm coming to Warsaw and anyhow bringing the cable for Lukasz F to hear it as I will visit him on Saturday morning (TBC). So if you are somewhere around city center we can meet when I arrive and you can try it...or send me pp and we'll arrange something.

Cheers;
G

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Ok now I know what you have. I heard that a few times it’s good by me and I did hear it on usb and aes and spidif too. My advice on spidif
Is fine one that meets the spec it’s what is needed not exp exotic that don’t
Spidif is very prone to jitter so bad sound = bad jitter. I found this out years ago the hard way

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Marslo hi!

Tmr evening I'm coming to Warsaw and anyhow bringing the cable for Lukasz F to hear it as I will visit him on Saturday morning (TBC). So if you are somewhere around city center we can meet when I arrive and you can try it...or send me pp and we'll arrange something.

Cheers;
G
I would like very much, but I live in the countryside 350 km from Warsaw, close to Poznan.
Pls be welcome if you will travel around.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I would like very much, but I live in the countryside 350 km from Warsaw, close to Poznan.
Pls be welcome if you will travel around.
Pity we can't meet - would be really cool. I'm just staying in Warsaw this time. Many thanks for invitation which I hope I will use one day :).

Cheers;
G

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Any idea of the outcome of this pairing : Ypsilon PST 100 mk2 - d'Agostino Momentun S250.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing