Spike information needed for Avatar speakers

alan505

Aug 28, 2018
I purchased a beautiful pre-owned pair of Avatars a few years ago. Unfortunately they did not come with the factory spikes, and I am looking to add them after realizing a noticeable improvement a few inches of lift made on the sound. Can someone provide the dimensional specifications for the OEM units including the thread type. (metric or imperial, etc) Sadly I am away from my system at the current time otherwise I'd flip these 65lb beasts over to determine the proper thread.

Thanks

danielk141

Mar 13, 2012
I have a pair of Avatars in cherry. The stock spikes that come with these speakers are not threaded. They are solid stainless steel spikes made by Jeff Rowland. They are used under the Rowland Model 2 & Model 6 amplifiers. They are very sharp, and (3) are used per speaker. Rowland uses (4) per amplifier.
The bottom of this speaker has (3) pieces of wood arranged like a horseshoe, open at the back. The spike placement is one in the center front, and one at the rear, on each side.

Reactions: alan505

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing