What are the MOST DYNAMIC Tube Amplifiers and Integrateds out there?

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
I have not found a tube amp yet that can drive my Rockport speakers which is mainly a 2 ohm load. I don't think the CAT would do it, but I'm not opposed to trying. If someone wants to send me a demo pair, I would be happy to test. I've tried VAC and VTL. I had to go with 750 watt Krell amps.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Ayon Crossfire with my AG is really dynamic, but it seems that it sports A62B tubes , isnt’it?

The first version had 52B I think. My version III had 62B.

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Ayon Crossfire with 52b tubes.

Horning 520b.

Wavac 838.

Kindest regards,G.

Agreed but would add Aries Cerat Concero 65s and for smaller amp the new Genus. KR Audio VA350 and Kronzilla, NAT SE2SE and SE3.

Genus is more dynamic than Crossfire III or KR VA350. NAT SE2SE was more dynamic than CAT JL2 Signature on Apogees.

Conceros are the most dynamic amps I have heard.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
my speakers are Horns Universum III, 100db. (106 db for the horn section, 100db for the bass)
I do run the VTL S-400 stereo amp (12x KT88, 200w triode mode) on the Horn section,
the CAT JL3 Statement mono amps (2x 16x KT150, 200w triode ) on the Bass section.

No noise, great amps!, great dynamics, a lot of headroom :)

Nice. Do you get any problems with heat? All those tubes and running class A all the time.:confused:

c1ferrari

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 15, 2010
Five hundred watts/channel of Class A sound, baby! A/C load calculation for your dedicated listening space...no problem :cool:
Shoot, one might assume a second mortgage for most of the amps in the thread. ;)

sarto

Jan 15, 2016
I would absolutely suggest the Doshi Audio amplifiers, the Monoblocks are incredible and I expect the new stereo amplifier to be outstanding too.

ulf

Aug 9, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
My LennArt Labs Sarabande integrated SOTA amp has incredible dynamics and fantastic bass
Not so many watts but Big power supply. Lots of Lundahl transformers.
As stated in a separate post it’s better my previous high end amps Momentum monos, pass labs xa 100 monos,
VTL 400W stereo amp etc.
Finally I got the amp that makes my FOCAL Grande utopia EM sings

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I would also vote for the Aries Cerat Concero 65 monoblocks as the most dynamic tube amps in rerent years.

Verastarr

Dec 4, 2015
Anything with 4 to 8 octal pentodes per chassis will slam pretty hard especially the 120/150 variants. Integrateds ? Jeff Rowland Daemon is the only integrated Ive heard that fooled me into thinking I was listening to a full Class A rig.. Instead it was a Class D Integrated.. lol. amazing..

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
After a few weeks using the VTL Siegfried II I can assure they have real dynamics - particularly after the minimum warm-up of half an hour. No other amplifier I have tried in the SoundLab's or the Magico Mini II's could have simultaneously such excellent micro and macro dynamics.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yippee, Francisco! I have been hoping you would come out of the amplifier closet on your new purchase!

How about giving us a full report on your impressions of the Siegfried IIs?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I would also vote for the Aries Cerat Concero 65 monoblocks as the most dynamic tube amps in rerent years.

Where have you heard the Concero 65?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Where have you heard the Concero 65?

What is their TOL amp? I am very confused with their models. Seem like new one comes out every year. Will be interesting to hear feedbacks from real owners who are not their dealers.

Kind regards,
Tang

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014

Tbzc

Feb 4, 2011
After a few weeks using the VTL Siegfried II I can assure they have real dynamics - particularly after the minimum warm-up of half an hour. No other amplifier I have tried in the SoundLab's or the Magico Mini II's could have simultaneously such excellent micro and macro dynamics.

I very much agree with you. I have had VTL Siegfried II for a year and half. At the beginning I was a bit frustrated because I have expected more but then I changed the preamp to Ayon Conquistador and am very satisfied now. Very dynamic, low noise and they have good musical flow. You can fine tune the interaction with speakers with negative feedback level switch (I use the lowest possible) and triode/pentode mode. Also try changing 12at7 tube because they can have quite big influence.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I just wanted to chime in. It is in fact the tube that is dynamic. Thus the term "most dynamic tube amolifiers and integrated" is redundant.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
I just wanted to chime in. It is in fact the tube that is dynamic. Thus the term "most dynamic tube amolifiers and integrated" is redundant.

Not quite. The tube needs to be able to work in an optimal operating range, so the quality of the power supply is of utmost importance. Many power supplies are sagging under load; they cannot supply the stable high voltage that tubes need.

The quality of the output transformer will also be decisive when it comes to perceived dynamics.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Not quite. The tube needs to be able to work in an optimal operating range, so the quality of the power supply is of utmost importance. Many power supplies are sagging under load; they cannot supply the stable high voltage that tubes need.

The quality of the output transformer will also be decisive when it comes to perceived dynamics.

+1

So very true, and so often overlooked in the total picture. Funny how so many manufacturers seem to gloss over this issue with their tube offerings.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing