Block Audio any experience ?

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
I would like to learn about this new brand called "Block Audio" from Czech Republic.
Mostly looking at the pre-power combo.
Please share if you have any experience.

https://www.blockaudio.com/home/

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
If you do, please let us know. They look like they could be real nice.

Tecknik1

May 29, 2017
HCM VietNam
There was reference to block audio on Audiogon, first I heard of them. I checked the website out and was surprised to see a 5000 damping factor, 200 watts class a. I would like to hear some comments as well, some mentioning there better then Gryphon which was an interesting comment.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
There was reference to block audio on Audiogon, first I heard of them. I checked the website out and was surprised to see a 5000 damping factor, 200 watts class a. I would like to hear some comments as well, some mentioning there better then Gryphon which was an interesting comment.

The specs say, 200 Watt true Class A operation; I'm always weary when the manufacturers attach some kind of descriptor like this. Krell used to do it with Krell Class A, I've seen others do it with other descriptors. Class A is Class A they can always use pure if they wanted and not all these other adjectives.

Edit- Claims like this better be backed up with measurements from an acceptable independent lab too.

david

Last edited:

jasbirnandra

Apr 3, 2012
At one point I was contemplating buying them but could not get any information on the SQ also contacted the manufacturer who was very sweet. I heard they were in Munich 2017 but on static display

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clement Perry did a review. He liked them a lot apparently. These units are larger than the product shots suggest.

I like the looks inside and out. These guys didn't skimp. I also like that the pre has a phonostage.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
They told me they will be at the 2019 Munich show with the pre-power combo on audition.
At the moment they have very little distribution with only Austria and the US therefore have to go to Munich next year.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
The information on Block Audio is not very visible. It has been over three years for this brand to grow. Does anyone own the Mono Amps? What you can tell me about them? Can you compare to any other Solid State Amps?

Reactions: Casosac

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Suncoast Audio in Sarasota FL carries Block Audio.

I have heard the Block Audio Amp / PreAmp combo driving Kharma DB11-S and it was sublime. The sound had more emotion than a SS Boulder 2160? amp we also listened to that day.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
PM me. I have been using them for the last 8 months. Very good amps & pre.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I heard them (monoblocks) at a previous Florida Audio show driving MBL speakers. I honestly felt the same speakers sounded better driven by the MBL monoblocks, a combination I’d heard a number of other times. A single impression and opinion, for whatever that’s worth.

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
I heard them (monoblocks) at a previous Florida Audio show driving MBL speakers. I honestly felt the same speakers sounded better driven by the MBL monoblocks, a combination I’d heard a number of other times. A single impression and opinion, for whatever that’s worth.
I agree, the Blocks were not as good on the MBL's as the MBL amps ( synergy, I guess ) But, On the Magico6's, Kharmas, & Clarisys They were excellent! They Bettered some other high priced amps that I heard. IMHO, of course. The bass grip & control was some of the best I've heard.
They are build like a brick shit house too.

Reactions: Macattack

rad

Jun 13, 2010
Ohio
Tony,
AS far as I know, MBL has never been shown with Block Amps at the Florida Shows!
They always show with MBL Amps. Can you confirm when & where?

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Am I starting to get toooo old? I could have sworn it was the Suncoast Audio Tampa Terrace room. Or was that the year Mike had Vivids in there with the Blocks, and the big MBLs were in the Florida room? Apologies for my error!

Audio 1

Jul 18, 2022
Naples, FL
Am I starting to get toooo old? I could have sworn it was the Suncoast Audio Tampa Terrace room. Or was that the year Mike had Vivids in there with the Blocks, and the big MBLs were in the Florida room? Apologies for my error!
Yes that year Block was paired with the Vivid G1's and the MBL Extreme system was in the larger room.

Reactions: tony22

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Thanks. I guess I go to too many shows! ;) In any case I didn’t think with the Blocks that the G1s sounded as good as they normally do.

Audio 1

Jul 18, 2022
Naples, FL
Thanks. I guess I go to too many shows! ;) In any case I didn’t think with the Blocks that the G1s sounded as good as they normally do.
Yes I think the room acoustics posed some problems for the Vivid's as the Block amps usually sound excellent.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Yes I think the room acoustics posed some problems for the Vivid's as the Block amps usually sound excellent.
True dat. The low end was a bit ‘strong’ as the room was, or nearly was, square. I know all about that issue.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing