Walker turntable

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
I like Lloyd...

Mr Walker is a pioneer in our hobby and believes in continuous improvement; hence, the price increases over time. His brain has produced a wonderful retrofittable machine that appears to still sit among the SOTA turntable systems. It may have no peer as a VTA solution and the motor is designed to be driven with a stream of steady dependable energy.

Cheers!
ALF

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I like Lloyd...

Mr Walker is a pioneer in our hobby and believes in continuous improvement; hence, the price increases over time. His brain has produced a wonderful retrofittable machine that appears to still sit among the SOTA turntable systems. It may have no peer as a VTA solution and the motor is designed to be driven with a stream of steady dependable energy.

Cheers!
ALF

Alf, could you elaborate about the VTA solution and power to the motor?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Alf, could you elaborate about the VTA solution and power to the motor?

yeah because he was adjusting VTA on the fly when he was at RMAF 2010.

lordcloud

Jul 5, 2016
Round Rock, Texas
It is interesting that Walker utilized both air suspension plus mass for his design. TechDAS does the same, but other high mass designs rely on mass alone. These are all belt drive. It is a very different approach to the DD and idler. The Walker is a true integrated system with arm and phono and cable. I don't see then coming up on the used market very often, and I wonder if Albert Porter's switch affected sales because he was quite vocal on Audiogon, as were the people invited to his Tuesday evening listening sessions.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the integrated rack also as part of the whole "system".

I'd heard that Lloyd wasn't too happy with Albert for making the switch, as some people started looking at the Walker differently, and I imagine it may have affected sales, to a degree.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing