Digital is at an all time high....but Video is not?

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Something of a paradox i have come to be confused by. Digital is here and now. So many people that were adverse to moving away from CD players to go the streamer route have taken the leap. Music services and downloads are now commonplace. Video however has not fallen suit?

Publications and reviews are still mostly done in print, even if that print is online. Looking at the numbers of one of the biggest audio shows in the HK, Audio Exotics, has a mere 109 subscribers (I was number 109). Stereophile which started to post a lot of online content in the last 12 months has a mere 19k and so many people know who Michael Fremer is internationally. Take a look at Munich and the type of attendance and passion for audio that exists worldwide yet the number of videos and opportunities to see and discuss music online is sparse.

Manufacturers could post instructions for using their equipment online to best make it easier for setup or prevent damage from misunderstanding steps, but yet they will spend more time writing instructions without photos to make it as complicated as it can be.

I once thought that it was just the quality of these videos were not really done that well so it did not capture the attention of the audience. However, I am convinced there is an aversion to adopting this format for connecting the audio community. Not sure why....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Video is next; it goes quicker than what you might think.
The physical discs are going the way of collector's items, or the dodo.
Streaming ultra high def movies with ultra high res movie soundtracks is the push by the movie studios, the leaders.

The hard core video fans of physical discs are in a way similar to the hard core music fans of physical analog LPs, so it will take some time before one or/and the other disappear completely from the planet.
A natural Earth catastrophic event of super high magnitude would need to happen first, because it's not man-made events that are going to kill physical formats (music & movies) for the next few hundred years, in my calculated human opinion.

But rest assured that physical movie formats will be next on the statistical decline of progressive extinction. It already started with some tragic consequences for some; heart attacks are on the rise...way of saying.

We are making history every single day that we live and talk and post here and everywhere else.
Hundred years from now the people who are going to read this will be only the historians, the wiki contributors.

Today we live for what we believe and love the most: The physical contact between the grooves, the needles, the pits and the lasers. We are the prehistoric range.
Today we don't need to refill our lighters any more with fuel, we recharge them through the USB port.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing