Shiit: Worst Customer Service since 20 years Highend

BobShermanEsq

Sep 28, 2015
While that may be true, I still don’t remember seeing how much the OP stated he was willing to pay, or for that matter the rep giving the OP a price at all...thereby allowing him to decide if it was worth it or not. Does the OP not have an option to pay a price that we all would consider ridiculous, but perhaps not to the OP..and certainly not to the manufacturer...:D

Looking a bit deeper, Schiit will not even sell themselves a cover it seems. If they find a blemish, they will sell it as B stock. They don't bin an enclosure and rebuild a unit. Also, let's say they had a way to provide a case, and the cost was more than the OP thought was in line, they would still have an issue. One other thing, if he dislikes the DAC so much as he mentioned, all his other DACs out preform it, why give a dam about a scratch??? Hmmm

Last edited:

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Thank you, George Bernard Shaw.

Low blow, Kal. While I do happen to agree with your premise, it is worth noting that Shaw was the one who first thought of gas chambers! I don't think Davey meets that threshold. No one at WBF is that evil...I hope. ;)

dminches

Oct 22, 2011

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Looking a bit deeper, Schiit will not even sell themselves a cover it seems. If they find a blemish, they will sell it as B stock. They don't bin an enclosure and rebuild a unit. Also, let's say they had a way to provide a case, and the cost was more than the OP thought was in line, they would still have an issue. One other thing, if he dislikes the DAC so much as he mentioned, all his other DACs out preform it, why give a dam about a scratch??? Hmmm

I think the question that perhaps needs to be asked, and one that is to my mind the most important, is whether Schiit and/or its distributor were primarily concerned about customer service, or whether they were more concerned about cost to them and the inconvenience that this request entailed.

Whether the OP likes or dislikes his unit regarding its SQ is nothing to do with the customer care that he receives, IMHO. ( Although, obviously a poor customer care experience isn't likely to continue endearing the company..or the rep..to him)

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
Low blow, Kal. While I do happen to agree with your premise, it is worth noting that Shaw was the one who first thought of gas chambers! I don't think Davey meets that threshold. No one at WBF is that evil...I hope. ;)
Fortunately, he responded with the understanding of the specific reference. I have no reason to associate him or his statements with GBS in general.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Fortunately, he responded with the understanding of the specific reference. I have no reason to associate him or his statements with GBS in general.

Nice to know that that is the case...
On a PUBLIC forum, it is never clear what the poster actually has in mind....I usually assume the best...but you never know. Thank you for your clarification.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012

Yeah, I realize that. It's why I put a wink at the end of my comment. It was one of those times where I actually gave my comment a second thought before posting...something I should probably do more often. :D

Wizzer

Aug 16, 2018
North of the 48th parallel
Pretty Schitty if you ask me however I have a friend that placed an order for the new Yggdrasil analog model in early June and still no confirmed shipping date for the new Yggdrasil dac.
Apparently from I was told the shipping delays are do to parts shortage, good luck getting a replacement case anytime soon .

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing