American Sound AS-2000 Installations- Far East (Tango)

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
And this is exactly how it should feel :p I can only pray you did not pump till 10bar...

Dear Jarek,

I deflated to almost 3 bar. I dont know if it is 3-5 mm or not. I dont quite get how exactly you measure this height. Anyway, If My ears are not fooling me, I hear even more articulation and inner details.

Tang

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
This is what you should hear. But pls take the effort to look at the height, forgetting for the moment about the bar - just exactly as I stated in the manual which you did not read, right :) ? The height you measure from the lower platform edge to the upper crate surface. Its the height that the air elevates the platform by.

As I see that the manual and especially the Safe Operating Area is notoriously taken for granted let me make a serious warning:
Operating the platform outside its Safe Operating Area which is 5bar AND 65kg (Advanced) AND 10mm max elevation can result in loosing the warranty

Cheers,

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
This is what you should hear. But pls take the effort to look at the height, forgetting for the moment about the bar - just exactly as I stated in the manual which you did not read, right :) ? The height you measure from the lower platform edge to the upper crate surface. Its the height that the air elevates the platform by.

As I see that the manual and especially the Safe Operating Area is notoriously taken for granted let me make a serious warning:
Operating the platform outside its Safe Operating Area which is 5bar AND 65kg (Advanced) AND 10mm max elevation can result in loosing the warranty

Cheers,

This is excellent advice. I use the same precaution with my Vibraplanes. People should read your manual. Proper inflation will result in longer life of the unit PLUS better sound.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I don't mind the ritual either, including the need to turn of the spinning platter to change LPs and screw on the clamp.

I would be nervous putting a record onto a spinning platter.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I would be nervous putting a record onto a spinning platter.
Especially surrounded by four 12 inch arms carrying $40000 worth of cartridges ! :D
I’m just to clumsy for that.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Cheers,

Do you have a safety valve in your platform?

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
No, we thought that clear pressurizing instructions and clear warnings will be enough.
Cheers,

I was just about to forget about it. The way you have been posting on this issue isnt doing "you" any good with me Jarek.

Tang

Last edited:

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
I was just about to forget about it. The way you have been posting on this issue isnt doing any good with me Jarek.

Tang

Not sure if I understand what you mean, Tang but my advise would be keep calm and don't worry if there is no visible problem :)
Anyway, let me explain the issue in more in detail to bring it better to a general public. There is a platform SOA determined by 3 parameters:

1) max air pressure, which is dictated by the air springs and the rest of the air installation; this is 5 bar max
2) max air spring elongation, which translates to the max platform elevation; this is a parameter specified by the original spring manufacturer and is 10mm here
3) max load, which in the case of Advanced platform is dictated by the load capability of the roller bearings; although we use deep hardened steel, anything above 65kg causes permanent bearing race deformations

There is some correlation between the above 3 parameters. For example, pumping the platform straight away to 5 bar max one may cross the red line from point 2) before even coming close to the max pressure. And this is what I frequently observe. Needless to say that as with any equipment, when taken outside of the SOA, the behavior and longevity cannot be fully predicted nor guaranteed.

Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Not sure if I understand what you mean, Tang but my advise would be keep calm and don't worry if there is no visible problem :)

Dear Jarek,

I dont worry about your product Jarek. Thanks for giving me notice on the incorrect air pressure I appreciate that. My remark is not on your product. My remark is on your constant reminding of how I didnt read your product manual and use me as a messenger carrying out your message to the audiences. A simple saying "Lower the pressure to 3-5 mm gap Tang" would do just fine. You did say that but you just had to go on about how I didnt read the manual on every post. I did read your manual. I just didnt memorize it. My job is not audio. I dont even remember how to open the damn hood of some of my cars. And no need to warn or threaten me in purpose to inform other people that if your customer screw up the product with incorrect air pressure the warranty is void. I bought your product on blind faith Jarek. Your warranty means nothing to me. If you show your intention to take care of me when something went wrong, then that is your credit and worthiness to me, not the warranty. What you said was just to declare to other people of your warranty policy. And you used me as a stage to do that. A simple advice would just do Jarek.

Kind regards,
Tang

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Dear Jarek,

I dont worry about your product Jarek. Thanks for giving me notice on the incorrect air pressure I appreciate that. My remark is not on your product. My remark is on your constant reminding of how I didnt read your product manual and use me as a messenger carrying out your message to the audiences. A simple saying "Lower the pressure to 3-5 mm gap Tang" would do just fine. You did say that but you just had to go on about how I didnt read the manual on every post. I did read your manual. I just didnt memorize it. My job is not audio. I dont even remember how to open the damn hood of some of my cars. And no need to warn or threaten me in purpose to inform other people that if your customer screw up the product with incorrect air pressure the warranty is void. I bought your product on blind faith Jarek. Your warranty means nothing to me. If you show your intention to take care of me when something went wrong, then that is your credit and worthiness to me, not the warranty. What you said was just to declare to other people of your warranty policy. And you used me as a stage to do that. A simple advice would just do Jarek.

Kind regards,
Tang

Nice post...:(

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
The third 3012R is on now. The vdh is moved from 927 rig to AS2000 rig. This cart is a "complete package" of sound.

E0030047-4550-4738-B30D-99FE23CEF8EB.jpg
EAF873FF-A2FD-4AFD-BAC5-E87A364D0A64.jpg

Tang

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Well, something went wrong here obviously. First of all I'm sorry if you felt like a stage it was not my intention at all and I apologize if I induced such feelings. I take care of my customers and do it the best I can. I'm not a sales person, however, but first of all a designer and a manufacturer without much skills in selling I admit. It was a miracle that my eyes are still good enough to spot an overelongated air spring somewhere blurred in the background. This mistake is for some reason very common and it seems taken for granted so wanted to make it a point that this is in principle serious, speaking rather generally not to you personally. Same was my general answer to Micro question if we use safety valves - a general statement. I respectfully only once asked if you read the manual, but I guess this is not the point as you unfortunately took all the posting very personally. As for "threatening", I feel threatened when reading an electric tooth brush manual, it's unfortunately all very black and white when comes to warranty. Could I have phrased my warnings and concerns differently? Yes, perhaps yes, but again I'm not a speech master either.
As for the warranty, what it means to us in your case is either flying to Thailand to service or importing the product back, servicing, and exporting again. All on our cost of course. I'm sorry to hear this means nothing to you. I can only whish you many many good listening experiences and a pure joy from your system.

Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
@Jarek. Apology accepted. No hard feeling. I want to apologize back to you too for my crankiness.

Btw, you have excellent eyes.

Kind regards,
Tang

Stacore

Industry Expert
Feb 23, 2017
Gdańsk, Poland
stacore.pl
Thank you Tang - lesson learned. I'm an academic by profession so probably preaching is in my blood now ;)
If something is excellent here than this is your system. I'm proud to be a small (but heavy ;) ) part of it!

Cheers,

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Looks great Tang!!

Do you believe in stylus drag? hahaha

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Looking good Tang. the SAT looks at bit overwhelmed by all the 12 inch boys. ;)

Can you take a pic with all 4 tonearms spinning vinyl at the same time :cool:

Tang

Is it an optical illusion or is th VDH tail down ?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing