Usher CP-6381

JinxCanada

Aug 5, 2018
Usher CP6381

Hello all. I just got a used but mint pair of Usher CP6381 and I'm in love with them! I read online that it might be possible to swap out the tweeters for the Beryllium to replace the silk tweeters currently in the speakers. Does anyone know the cost and where I could get these? Also..i read something about filling the speakers with sand. Why would I do this? what would it do/benefit? Where does the sand go and why specific type of sand if any would I use? I have a hard time believing these speakers could sound any better than they already do but who knows? TIA!

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
I'm not familiar with these, but according to the 6moons review they are really quite good.
Sand can be added in order to add mass, which is generally a good thing for the enclosure as it gives the drivers something solid to push against, meaning less energy is wasted shaking the enclosure and more directed into the room via the drive units.
You will hopefully experience tighter, more extended bass, cleaner mids and smoother highs.

What would you want to achieve by changing the tweeter?
Again the review has only good words to say about the silk tweeters providing the treble, and beryllium tweeters are notoriously difficult to get right, so i would think carefully before making any changes.
Where did you get the idea to swap tweeters?

What is the rest of your system?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing