Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Wadax Arcadia DAC....

Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    I'd be interested in that as well.
    Along with what the Arcadia DAC is selling for.
    Price for Arcadia about 14K Euro. But I don't sure 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by audioway View Post
    Price for Arcadia about 14K Euro. But I don't sure 100%.
    Official price: 18,9K€ excluding local VAT.....
    I'm not sure in $...
    Last edited by Stereophonic; 08-10-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CKKeung View Post
    If we put aside their absolute performance levels, Wadax and Esoteric have very different house sounds.
    Well, I have never been convinced about the Esoteric sound, so IMO I hope the Wadax is not in that camp.:roll eyes:

Is the 2nd black plate slipped to the right? It looks like it on the photos.
    Mac Mini Server with 12V DC Upton Audio MMK Mod and LPS feed , SSD and 16 GIG RAM, Audirvana V3 & Tital | Aries Cert Kassandra Ref II NOS DAC, Audio Note UK DAC 5 Special V2 Gone | Passive pre-amplifier | Plinius SA-103 150W Class A / AB switchable | Zingali Client Name EVO 1.2 Horn Hybrids | Velodyne DD10[/B] Sub | Metrum Aurix Headphone Amplifier | Audeze LCD4 2018 | PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator | Dedicated Mains | Audio Note DAC 4.1 heavily modded with AN UK parts | Audeze LCD2 Classic.

Just a comment on the marketing policy of Wadax. For me ... I do not understand it.
    They presented a prototype of the Acadia in Munich 2017. Not a single comment more in 16 months, now we find out by a forum partner that is already on sale, when the new Acadia model does not appears on the Wadax website ...
    Well, it is clear that this business model works for you in Hong Kong, where it is doing very well, but for me as a potential client, it does not seem the best.
    Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers / Göbel XLR Cables/Göbel and AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Alfa and Sigma Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch and Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini/ Entreq Poseidon, Olympus Minimus and Silver Tellus / Entreq Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    Just a comment on the marketing policy of Wadax. For me ... I do not understand it.
    They presented a prototype of the Acadia in Munich 2017. Not a single comment more in 16 months, now we find out by a forum partner that is already on sale, when the new Acadia model does not appears on the Wadax website ...
    Well, it is clear that this business model works for you in Hong Kong, where it is doing very well, but for me as a potential client, it does not seem the best.
    It is also head on with the Chord DAVE and BLue2, the Aries Cerat Kassandra, Total DAC 7 and Lampizator Golden Gate. Good luck with it then.....
    Mac Mini Server with 12V DC Upton Audio MMK Mod and LPS feed , SSD and 16 GIG RAM, Audirvana V3 & Tital | Aries Cert Kassandra Ref II NOS DAC, Audio Note UK DAC 5 Special V2 Gone | Passive pre-amplifier | Plinius SA-103 150W Class A / AB switchable | Zingali Client Name EVO 1.2 Horn Hybrids | Velodyne DD10[/B] Sub | Metrum Aurix Headphone Amplifier | Audeze LCD4 2018 | PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator | Dedicated Mains | Audio Note DAC 4.1 heavily modded with AN UK parts | Audeze LCD2 Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    ...” now we find out by a forum partner that is already on sale.
    Well, it is clear that this business model works for you in Hong Kong”.
    Hi nonesup !!!
    I do not understand to who this message is addressed....
    Regards....

Quote Originally Posted by Stereophonic View Post
    Hi nonesup !!!
    I do not understand to who this message is addressed....
    Regards....
    As I explained to Stereophonic in a PM, there has been a slight problem with the translation of Google Translate, due to a wording in Spanish, not explicit enough on my part.

Where I pretended to put "Well, it is clear that this business model works for Wadax in Hong Kong"

really translated

"Well, it is clear that this business model works for you in Hong Kong"
    Lumin A1 + Kenneth Lau LPSU /Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref 5 SE /Constellation Inspiration 1.0 Stereo / Rockport Atria I / MIT Magnum MA Speakers / Göbel XLR Cables/Göbel and AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet Cables / Shunyata Denali 6000 T / Shunyata Alfa and Sigma Power Cables /Kenneth Lau LPSU for Aqvox Switch and Router / Stillpoints Ultra SS and Mini/ Entreq Poseidon, Olympus Minimus and Silver Tellus / Entreq Olympus and Apollo Infinity Cables

Thanks for correction Stereophonic. My info based on that review:
    http://www.theaudiobeat.com/highend2...17_wadax_2.htm
    I think Javier decide to correct price when understand real performance of Arcadia.
    Still will be very interesting to read yours review about comparation Arcadia and D-02X. Thanks in advance for reply.
    P.S. FYI I recommended you to try Stage III power cords instead Siltech. You will be pleasantly surprised by the result. Try Kraken and higher.

Is there any information on the technical apricots? Is is FPGA or R-2R, chip used etc? Power supply and gain stage design?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast