Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy audition near Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by reverendo View Post
    I think I'll try to see if there's a Sasha at the local dealer. Might give me an idea. Maybe they have something else than arc to power them in order to create a scenario closer to mine. Thanks.

I have loads of good power and current to spare, imo. ����
    Nick Doshi easily drove the Sasha 2s with his 75 watt tube amp at Axpona.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2018/...-time-machine/
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Digital PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC
    Analog VPI Scoutmaster, Paua II, Audio Research Ref Phono 2
    Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2
    Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4, Furutech Silver Arrow II phono
    Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Shunyata Denali
    Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Addicted to Best!
    Reverendo, our Wilson dealer here in Dallas is Audio Concepts. Mark Ashworth is the owner. Give him a call to discuss your needs and an audition. I worked with Mark for many years.

Do the grills change anything in the sound of the Watt/Puppy? I prefer most speakers without grills, since they are not transparent, but some projects actually are intended to be used with the grills on. What is the case with the Watt/Puppy?
    Source: SBT w/ EDO and Welborne Labs PSU, Oppo '103-D', Resolution Audio 'Cantata'
    Amplification: Gryphon 'Diablo'
    Speakers: Evolution Acoustics 'MMMicroOne'
    Cables: Power: Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (2x) & 'Silver Purple', ASI 'Liveline' (w/ Oyaide 004/079); Digital: LH 'Lightspeed' USB, Lifatec Silflex toslink; IC: DC 'Hair Angel' XLR; Speaker: Crystal Cable 'Standard'
    Acessories: Sistrum SP-1, Furutech GTX-D (g), Hifi-Tuning Supreme Fuse (Cantata), MIT Z Duplex Super, Equitech Balanced Power

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Do the grills change anything in the sound of the Watt/Puppy? I prefer most speakers without grills, since they are not transparent, but some projects actually are intended to be used with the grills on. What is the case with the Watt/Puppy?
    I used the Watt/Puppy 5 and later the 7 without grilles, they sounded more airy without them. The only person I have seen using the grilles had small children ...
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, Metronome Kalista / Kondo KSL DAC, Soundlab A1 Px's , EMT927, SME3012R, ARC Phono 3, ARC REF40, VTL Siegfried II, TA Opus MM2 speaker and signal, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    I found my Watt Pups like Micro sounded more open with the Foam ( not grills per se in this case) off--it was not a finish befitting the product in my opinion--

they either rotted or deformed outa shape if you messed with them too much.

I've tended to remove grills on most of what I've run--except the LS3/5a's they were voiced with the covers on.

Early model Tannoy cloths were fixed to the cabinets also.

BruceD

Came across this and thought of you.....I bet this pair could be auditioned

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...ers-titan-red/

Quote Originally Posted by tdimler View Post
    Came across this and thought of you.....I bet this pair could be auditioned

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...ers-titan-red/
    Thank you very much. I have reached out. Will see how that goes. ��
    Source: SBT w/ EDO and Welborne Labs PSU, Oppo '103-D', Resolution Audio 'Cantata'
    Amplification: Gryphon 'Diablo'
    Speakers: Evolution Acoustics 'MMMicroOne'
    Cables: Power: Douglas Cables 'Mirage' (2x) & 'Silver Purple', ASI 'Liveline' (w/ Oyaide 004/079); Digital: LH 'Lightspeed' USB, Lifatec Silflex toslink; IC: DC 'Hair Angel' XLR; Speaker: Crystal Cable 'Standard'
    Acessories: Sistrum SP-1, Furutech GTX-D (g), Hifi-Tuning Supreme Fuse (Cantata), MIT Z Duplex Super, Equitech Balanced Power

Thank you very much. I have reached out. Will see how that goes. ��
    I'll be very interested to read your thoughts on the Wilsons versus the EAs, once you've heard the Wilsons.

I'm also bummed that I didn't know there was a pair of Evolution Acoustics in Dallas! I lived there for three years, and I have wanted to hear a pair.

I am an EA dealer and have a pair of Mini 2's and a customer with a killer sounding pair of MM3's. You are welcome to come over and hear either or both.
    Disclosure; I am an audio dealer carrying Dartzeel, Mola Mola, Merging NADAC, The Gryphon, Parasound(+Halo), Oppo, YG Acoustic, Kii Speakers, Evolution Acoustic, Eclipse TD Speakers, Endeavor Audio, Kef, Vivid, JL Audio,Monitor Audio, RPG Room Acoustic Treatments, Cinematech, Kimber, MIT, Analysis Plus, Kubala Sosna, Elrod Cables, Oyaide, HRS, Artesania Racks, Wave Kinetics, Acoustic Revive, Richard Gray, Sound Application and Jeff Hedback Acoustical Design Service and much more fine audio gear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast