Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Agree

Most likely price....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I did ask someone important; and his guess was money. Sony would first need a factory where they can assemble large OLED TVs, and for a price versus cost with rentability/productivity beneficial for them, and us the customers. LG is better equipped.

But in 2020 or around, they should be able to produce them in the 75 to 85" region. ...With a better financial outlook for all. So, give it few more years till OLED gets bigger and better and cheaper.

"I can only speculate that since production of 77" OLED panels is constrained and that sales at the premium price Sony would have to establish to build the A9F Master Series was higher than they would like.

In 2020 when LGD opens the new OLED fabrication plant, which is designed for larger OLED panels and high volume we'll see 77" and even 88" OLED displays and at more affordable prices points."
- R.Z.
_____

Speaking of cheaper: https://mashable.com/2018/08/03/lg-oled-smart-tv-walmart-deal.amp/

Last edited:

Fineito

Nov 23, 2013
I've got the 55" OLED purchased last January during the big Superbowl sales event. I'm not a big video person, but it is an impressive TV. Still pricey with all the discounts.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing