2nd batch of fosters 2018

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Snagged from somewhere... they were flea infested, snotty, covered in diarrhea. The rescuers bathed them, applied flea treatment, got them vetted, and once they were deemed stable, I got them. Goopy eyes, snotty nose, poopy farts. These guys stayed IN the cage and I washed them every day until their diarrhea ended. I held them quite a bit but always with a flannel blanket, had them on my lap a lot, but always with a flannel blanket. :D

1.jpg 2.jpg

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Both.jpg

When the little one was caught, he got named Nigel. Then they got his brother as well, and I promptly named him Tony. Here they are in the cage, in the kitty cubby - which I washed a couple times before it fell apart. Fortunately, it wasn't expensive and came in a two-pack off Amazon. :)

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Carol, you are truly a saint, with a heart of gold and the patience of Job. The kittens are blessed to have you caring for them. Good on you!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Carol, you are truly a saint, with a heart of gold and the patience of Job. The kittens are blessed to have you caring for them. Good on you!

+1000

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Here was I thinking we were talking about beer!! lol

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Heh

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Thanks guys. I've been doing this for 8years and I am still learning!

First Nigel had explosive diarrhea after I thought all was well - he had bloody diarrhea all over the cage. I yelled for help and the lady that runs the rescue took him for a day so she would monitor him and give him fluids. Fortunately, whatever he had probably cleared out of his system.

Then Tony (the larger kitten) got all quiet - which usually means they are not well. Then he turned up lame. See pic below. Apparently, that can come from a fever. When they have a high fever, they hurt and so they limp. I picked him up and he was like a little hot water bottle.

Tony.jpg

Another trip to the vet. Fever of 103.6! A cat's average temperature is right around 100 - 101. He got a shot to reduce the fever, fluids, and more antibiotics.

Last edited:

carolkoh

Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
Boys have gone for their neuter and another foster home for recovery and to gain a little strength. Nigel was found to have a significant heart murmur, but kittens generally grow out of it. So we are keeping our fingers crossed for him. They both get a little reprieve as there are older kittens that have not yet been adopted (Amelia and Georgie from my first batch for instance - they were also a little sick). Once they get adopted, then the boys will be offered up for adoption.

Two.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing