Brilliant video- Max Richter/Elizabeth Moss

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I listened to it earlier; it's a nice music piece...melo, Brian Eno memory, tristesse, repetitive, chamber, drama, smooth, easy...good stuff to demo hi-fi stereo sound systems...on all levels and classes. ...Good caliber, thanks for sharing Keith.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
So this is a recent video to accompany older music?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Yes, as part of the 15-year reissue of Blue Notebooks.

He’s also doing 8 hour versions of Sleep overnight this weekend in LA at Grand Park.

Thanks, Keith.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Yes, as part of the 15-year reissue of Blue Notebooks.

He’s also doing 8 hour versions of Sleep overnight this weekend in LA at Grand Park.

Yea, I saw that earlier this year. The vinyl pressings of this new reissue are mixed at best. I will stick with my original pressing.
He is a talented guy. I have quite a few of his albums.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Yea, I saw that earlier this year. The vinyl pressings of this new reissue are mixed at best. I will stick with my original pressing.
Dear Shane,

ddk gave me a Hilary Hahn plays Max Richter album. The album has two vinyls. The first one is a super good direct to disc. The music totally draws me in, grabs my soul and continues to give me goose bumps every time I play. No need tape with this kind of record. Could you please, recommend me other excellent pressings of Max Richter.

Thanks in advance.

Tang :D

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

Good to know. Oddly enough, I ordered the special edition CD set which comes with a “blue notebook” and an unreleased track not part of the vinyl package.

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Dear Shane,

ddk gave me a Hilary Hahn plays Max Richter album. The album has two vinyls. The first one is a super good direct to disc. The music totally draws me in, grabs my soul and continues to give me goose bumps every time I play. No need tape with this kind of record. Could you please, recommend me other excellent pressings of Max Richter.

Thanks in advance.

Tang :D

Hi Tang

I will start off with 3. I will have to play the others as from memory I did have some issues with a couple of the releases in getting quiet pressings.

First up is his seminal album and most famous - the Blue Notebooks. stunning album. I have the original UK pressing, mastered @ Abbey Rd. Easier to find is the 2015 Optimal pressing. Don't touch the current Deutsche 2018 pressings, as whoever they are using are absolute shite.

https://www.discogs.com/Max-Richter-The-Blue-Notebooks/release/1584703

Songs From Before. another beautiful album, especially nice late at night as its softer in presentation compared to Notebooks. Again I have the original UK pressing mastered @ Abbey Rd. I would be happy with the 2016 reissue as Deutsche were still using Optimal in Germany to press.

https://www.discogs.com/Max-Richter-Songs-From-Before/release/1715131

Recomposed By Max Richter: Vivaldi - The Four Seasons is also very good.

https://www.discogs.com/Max-Richter-Vivaldi-Daniel-Hope-Konzerthaus-Kammerorchester-Berlin-Andr%C3%A9-De-Ridder-Recomposed-By-Ma/release/4094434

43656008492_bcb221bf2c_b.jpg

43655888012_d5c2869f1e_b.jpg

tdimler

Jul 4, 2016
TX
Got to see Hilary Hahn in recital and she performed "Mercy" by Max Richter as one of her encores. It was at the very top of any musical experience I have had. There were lots of people walking out during the encores....blew my mind.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing