Does Anybody Hear a Difference Between Ground Coffee and Instant?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The coffee table question got me thinking. What about the coffee on the table? (Well, in the coffee mug on the table.)

Might ground coffee resonate to the music differently than instant coffee?

Is one type of coffee better for certain kinds of music than the other type of coffee?

Do you think the ground coffee, because the coffee grounds are less uniform, might be better at diffusion than absorption?

Should the coffee mug be placed on an isolation platform?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
The coffee table question got me thinking. What about the coffee on the table? (Well, in the coffee mug on the table.)

Might ground coffee resonate to the music differently than instant coffee?

Is one type of coffee better for certain kinds of music than the other type of coffee?

Do you think the ground coffee, because the coffee grounds are less uniform, might be better at diffusion than absorption?

Should the coffee mug be placed on an isolation platform?
I need to star ground my coffee grinder,it is really noisy.:D

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Coffee from the Blue Mountain peak has more "air" around it.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
If anyone bothers about a coffee table, music is not his cup of tea

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
If the coffee has been treated with a proper grounding, umm, grinding device the negative side effects should be minimal...

DevAAudio

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2018
So I am new to this forum and am an avid coffee drinker. Having recently returned from a family vacation in Italy, and given my own personal experience with hand crafting espresso beverages in my home, I feel like I am qualified to express an “expert” opinion on this topic... :).

Instant coffee is a bad idea. It will put you in a bad mood prior to sitting down and enjoying a relaxing music experience. A properly crafted and slightly well bodied coffee fits the bill. Tasting the different “notes” within good quality coffee beans can enhance your critical listening experience. Placing the coffee on one of the newer hot plate devices that keeps the beverages nice and hot will also enhance your listening experience. Depending on decibel level and bass response in your room you would want to be careful not to overfill your mug to avoid accidents and seepage down the sides. This is when an isolation platform may actually have some benefit! Will have to try that out. Maybe an HRS nimbus assembly as a coaster! (LOL).

Looking forward to corresponding with you all... Cheers!

-Deva

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Welcome to WBF!

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I dunno, is that hot plate isolated from the stereo's power?

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
My rotgut caffeine vehicle doesn't come alive with less than 400 watts class A.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
So I am new to this forum and am an avid coffee drinker. Having recently returned from a family vacation in Italy, and given my own personal experience with hand crafting espresso beverages in my home, I feel like I am qualified to express an “expert” opinion on this topic... :).

Instant coffee is a bad idea. It will put you in a bad mood prior to sitting down and enjoying a relaxing music experience. A properly crafted and slightly well bodied coffee fits the bill. Tasting the different “notes” within good quality coffee beans can enhance your critical listening experience. Placing the coffee on one of the newer hot plate devices that keeps the beverages nice and hot will also enhance your listening experience. Depending on decibel level and bass response in your room you would want to be careful not to overfill your mug to avoid accidents and seepage down the sides. This is when an isolation platform may actually have some benefit! Will have to try that out. Maybe an HRS nimbus assembly as a coaster! (LOL).

-Deva

Great first post Deva. :cool:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok

-Deva

Dear Sir,

If you were to replace your Stage III with the Siltech Tripple Crown from wall to the coffee machine and also ground the coffee grinder with Tripoint, your sipping/listening experience will highly be elevated.

Kind regards,
Tang

GMKF

VIP/Donor
Aug 15, 2017
Munich
Dear Sir,

If you were to replace your Stage III with the Siltech Tripple Crown from wall to the coffee machine and also ground the coffee grinder with Tripoint, your sipping/listening experience will highly be elevated.

Kind regards,
Tang

I recommend custom roasted coffee, to fit your taste. I have 4 different coffee beans. If you want to tweek it a bit use mineral water.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Dear Sir,

Kind regards,
Tang

We should not forget about the absolute need for balanced power - lower leakage current is a must in a grinder.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Coffee with Bourbon in it extends the sound stage far beyond the rooms boundaries, the veil never existed, and the resolution is beyond comprehension!

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
You'll need balanced cables to keep your coffee grounds lifted?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Post deleted

Political in nature, off topic

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing