Show Us Your Gryphon !

Bjorn Hegelstad.jpg

Bjørn Hegelstad, Export Manager for Gryphon, lives in Norway. In his spare time, when he is not enjoying his music system, he trains for Iron Man competitions.
The Pantheons are currently driven by a Diablo 300. Do not be surprised, if he upgrades quickly to the Antileon EVO / Zena combo.
Cabling is Gryphon's VIP series. VPI turntable.

Bjorn's Pantheon.jpg RHS View.jpg

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Is he a giant viking or does he stand on a chair when he changes records ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Is he a giant viking or does he stand on a chair when he changes records ?

Bjorn.jpg
Bjorn & I at AXPONA, i'm only 6' as a point of reference
laughs,
Philip

Kodo_small.jpg
Kodo driven by stereo Mephisto, Mikado CD player & Pandora preamp

Installation was not finished, notice the shrink wrap still on top of the LHS Kodo

Reactions: bejewe
Kodo in Vietnam.jpg
Kodo system in Vietnam.

Kodo in Vietnam2.jpg
Mikado CD player & a Pandora preamp

Kodo in Vietnam3.jpg

Kodo in Vietnam4.jpg
Artesania racks

Trident 2.jpg
Trident I - original model had a dome tweeter, while the Trident II has a ribbon tweeter from Mundorf - Air Motion Transformer.
IMHO pretty daft speaker placement, but what the heck - what do I know ?

Last edited:
Trident II

Trident-II-3.jpg
The Trident II are v easy to drive with the large 500W Class AB amp on the rear panel, 2000W peak power.
Dampening factor & amplitude are both adjustable from the listening chair, via remote control.
Driven by a nice Solution amp.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Philip
I'm confused. The captions in posts 8 and 9 describe the speakers as "Trident II", but they appear to be very different speakers. Which is the real Trident II?
Marty

llsaw

Feb 25, 2016
# 8 is the first generation Trident while #9 is the current Trident 2. The Trident II is physically taller, larger and has an AMT tweeter vs conventional dome ring radiator tweeter on the Trident.

Trident2_Antileon.jpg
Trident II driven by an Antileon

Marty
My mistake; I corrected the caption, thanks for pointing out my mistake.
Thanks
Philip

hfs-150-gryphon-pantheon-momie.jpg
Pantheon owner with a sense of humour

hfs-600-gryphon-pantheon-antileon-evo_1.jpg
Antileon EVO doing the heavy lifting
Scorpio S CD player and Athena preamp in the background

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
This is my only Gryphon !
How important is room treatments to get the best out of the speakers in those big rooms?

P1000160.jpg

An interesting Gryphon system in a beautiful setting. Kodos driven by Antilleon & a Clearaudio Master Reference turntable.

Attachments

• Miss_Sui_01_small.jpg
    Miss_Sui_01_small.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Miss_Sui_03_small.jpg
    Miss_Sui_03_small.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Miss_Sui_04_small.jpg
    Miss_Sui_04_small.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 46

MRJAZZ

Industry Expert
Jan 20, 2014
An interesting Gryphon system in a beautiful setting. Kodos driven by Antilleon & a Clearaudio Master Reference turntable.

Very nice installation....However I think the client would get better results with the woofer columns on the outside....

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing