Is there a new What's Best Standard? FM Acoustics @KLIAV

John57

Sep 29, 2015
Melbourne, Australia

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
interesting...i am due to hear these amps in a couple of weeks. thanks for posting that analogue fellowship link. Will update after i've heard the amps.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland
one of the best systems ever

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It seems like Dato’ Danon really liked the whole FM Acoustics system.

I hope he gets into tape!

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
I hope he gets into tape!

He has been inoculated..... He said "The density of each musical note and image were beyond most vinyl record player. The extension of the highs was limited only by the high ceiling of the premises. The transient from f to ffff was vivid, clean and extended all the way to the back wall." The speakers were not even run-in yet. They arrived in Malaysia only a couple of days ago.

http://analoguefellowship.com/2018/...e-audio-malaysia-an-unforgettable-experience/

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
wow he can even here the percussionist all the way in the back row fart between cymbal claps.

Maybe that's the point where you might want a little LESS density in the presentation.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
LOL.

Tom

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

cjfrbw

Apr 20, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
It does seem that some of the Asian reviews consider it impolite not to give each new item of audio jewelry less than a bedding of raves before micro dissecting the tone.

It lasts as long as snow in Santa Fe, until the next item of jewelry comes along.

Last edited:

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
This review posted by Dato' Danon on his website Analogue Fellowship suggests that FM Acoustics speakers and amps are contenders for a What's Best Award if there was such a thing...

http://analoguefellowship.com/2018/07/22/fm-acoustics-at-klav-2018-impacted-a-well-known-reviewer/

I wonder how this fits into the larger scheme of what's best here. Thanks of course, to Danon for sharing this new and impressive review.

D'D comments on solid state amplifiers are even more interesting than his appreciation of the FM Acoustics. Do you know if the the system used an FM Acoustics preamplifier?

BTW DCS owners should be proud of his comment on the Rossini - eye opening digital source. I have said the same about the Vivaldi several times.

My only reserve is that it looks too good to be true!

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
interesting...i am due to hear these amps in a couple of weeks. thanks for posting that analogue fellowship link. Will update after i've heard the amps.

I would be very interested to hear your impressions

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Will it be in your system, or a complete FM setup?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
It does seem that some of the Asian reviews consider it impolite not to give each new item of audio jewelry less than a bedding of raves before micro dissecting the tone.

It lasts as long as snow in Santa Fe, until the next item of jewelry comes along.

I have to say that after reading the blowing FM Acoustics report at KLAV 2018 I was rather astonished when I read that the same person could write " My vote for the BEST ANALOGUE SOUND at the KLAV 2018… " about the "The Kronos Complete Analogue Solution at the KLAV 2018, Malaysia" ...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I will let you know...I aim to hear them for first time ever next week.

Which products, and particularly which generation/upgrade level?

One serious issue when listening to/buying FM Acoustics is knowing about the Mk grade or upgrades. Many of their best models are now more than 30 years old but were upgraded many times.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Will it be in your system, or a complete FM setup?

Which products, and particularly which generation/upgrade level?

One serious issue when listening to/buying FM Acoustics is knowing about the Mk grade or upgrades. Many of their best models are now more than 30 years old but were upgraded many times.

It will be the dealer's set up so 108 monos (new)...PMC speakers. At that first audition, we will discuss what is appropriate to consider for home audition. Initial recommendation for a 'simple' home audition is either 411Mkiii or 711Mkiii. There has been discussion about other options, but these 2 seem to be the most straightforward.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing