Luxman M-900u monos VS Aries Cerat Concero 65

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Please share your experience if you were able to audition both Luxman and Aries cerat flagship monoblocks, same price range.
What would be your pick and why ?
Luxman resale value is very good, Aries Cerat is still a young company.
Thanks,

Thieliste

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Very different sounds. I like Luxman as a value play. You have to pay much more for a SS amp to beat Luxman. If you are looking at AC budget, there are other SS amps plus the whole SS vs SETs thing. Speakers that require SS won't work with most SETs. The KR VA 200 is pretty powerful with great drive though more of an hybrid.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hi bonzo, when did you hear the Concero65, let alone properly?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi bonzo, when did you hear the Concero65, let alone properly?

?? I haven't said anything against or for Concero? I have simply said SS and SETs sound different and have different applications (I know some like Brad will argue SETs for speakers that require SS, his view and mine differs - I think if one is considering a powerful SS amp he should almost certainly not be looking at SETs and vice versa). Also, Luxman and Concero are different price brackets, am I not right? So I have made the statement that Luxman is a great SS amp for the money but at a higher price bracket there are other SS amps that can beat Lux.

flyer

VIP/Donor
Dec 16, 2012
Belgium
Hello Kedar, Hope you are well.

Did I write that you said something against the Concero? (why would you :) )

Anyway, I deduct from what your write that you have not heard the Aries Cerat Concero65 and certainly not done any comparison with the Luxman. So your statement on the sound difference must have come by comparison of a generalized topology characterization, i.e. SS vs SET as you call it.

Regarding the price, the topic is titled Luxman M-900u monos VS Aries Cerat Concero 65. The pair of M-900u retail for 29.800 EUR over here, the pair of Concero65 retail for 28.500 EUR. So, I have a bit difficulty in following the price bracket reasoning.

Best,
Michel

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hello Kedar, Hope you are well.

Did I write that you said something against the Concero? (why would you :) )

Anyway, I deduct from what your write that you have not heard the Aries Cerat Concero65 and certainly not done any comparison with the Luxman. So your statement on the sound difference must have come by comparison of a generalized topology characterization, i.e. SS vs SET as you call it.

Regarding the price, the topic is titled Luxman M-900u monos VS Aries Cerat Concero 65. The pair of M-900u retail for 29.800 EUR over here, the pair of Concero65 retail for 28.500 EUR. So, I have a bit difficulty in following the price bracket reasoning.

Best,
Michel

You don't need a pair for Luxman, stereo is sufficient and used market deals are more

You can add another stereo and bridge later.

I did say Luxman and Concero sound different without listening to Concerto . If they sound the same please let us know :)

I have always been a proponent of no SETs for SS applications

Believe High Fidelity

[Industry Expert]
Nov 19, 2015
Hutto TX
ibelieveinhifi.com
Thieliste,

Bonzo is partially correct. These and some of your other options are not going to be anywhere comparable (T+A, Gryphon, etc.)

The AC motto is "Your Perception About High End Audio is about to change" for this very reason. If you want to know what that means it can only be understood from an audition first hand. The only ones who generally chime in on such comparisons are those who resell AC so heavily biased of course. When you do have a chance to listen it will makes sense I can promise you that.

AC is not a brand for resell unless you get something else from AC so age doesn't matter when you hear the performance and you can then tell me (and others) where it stacks up.

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Guys i have already auditioned a full Aries Cerat and Luxman system in Munich last year but this was show conditions as you all know not the best.
I did like very much the Aries Cerat set up although i am not familiar with his horn speakers, the Luxman system IMO was very boring sorry to say that.
That's why i would like to audition again a M-900u paired with let's say a Nagra Classic preamp or some other good tube preamp.
I should be able to do this in november.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing