Batman and Christopher Nolan Impact / Films - Cinema

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
George Clooney as Bruce Wayne...Batman? Maybe if Steven Soderbergh was the film director, but no way in one of Christopher Nolan's 'Dark Knight' flicks; that'll be the day. :D

I'm just having fun; everything is permissible in Hollywood movies.

* Nolan's more serious approach with 'The Dark Knight' trilogy is what makes its charm, its higher level of attraction, entertainment with a real "punch". IMO

'Thor' trilogy? Only the last one has real verve, and all because of Hela...Cate Blanchett and Led Zeppelin's tune. IMO ...Without Cate 'Thor: Ragnarok' wouldn't rock so much...and Zeppelin of course. And yes, in 3D it's the best.

Speedo Man? Emma Stone's kissing him upside down? Yeah, that was cool.

'Superman Returns' (2006) was 2D with Kevin Spacey (Lex, the villain) and Brandon Routh (Superman).

Hugh Jackman is Logan, the wolverine. He's in enough movies, he's no Batman from Nolan, simply mission impossible. IMO

Christian Bale ('American Psycho') is the perfect Nolan's Batman, and with Heath Ledger as the Joker was a tour-de-force. ...The best.

** [Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale, both are in 'The Prestige' ...a Christopher Nolan's film.]

Liam Neeson is more fitting of the Charles Bronson's type of flicks, as a vigilante.

'Die Hard' is inseparable of Bruce Willis. Liam is just a too serious actor, 'Die Hard' is for hard core humor fans.

The Bourne saga? It's for that guy who always get lost...Matt Damon. ...Saving Private Ryan, The Martian, Interstellar, ...
Liam is just too tall to disappear. Tom Cruise he can disappear...mission not impossible.
Jack Reacher? The first one was cool, then it went ...

Ked said:
Well I liked the last Thor and the spiderman with Emma Stone. Also superman returns was good in 3D, and I thought George Clooney was a natural Bruce Wayne. I think Hugh Jackman would have made a very good Wayne. I had to get used to the idea of Bale as Wayne, seemed weird to have the Batman so short, poor chin.

That said Nolan's Batman movies were better movies though too serious and too heavy for super hero movies, taking out the super hero element often. I still maintain Liam Neeson was the best performer. I like him. Taken was a **** movie but he was awesome and turned it into an entertainer. It made me think what it would be like had he starred in my favorite action man thrillers - die hard, Bourne ultimatum, or as Jack Bauer. His later movies have been poor though.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Tom cruise never made a good movie apart from 4th of July.

Superman returns you had the option to watch the movie in cinema where the superman scenes would be in 3d. Rest in 2d

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Collateral was bad.

Joaquin Phoenix is playing the joker in a joker origin movie next year. As an actor he is far superior to heath streak, hope the movie is directed well

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Collateral was bad.

Hey, movies and music and wines and paintings and cars and shoes and ... are different strokes for different folks.
Me I think Tom Cruise excelled in Michael Mann's 'Collateral'. ...One of his best role/performance.
And I'm not alone on this:
http://www.mrqe.com/movie_reviews/collateral-m100052902

Joaquin Phoenix is playing the joker in a joker origin movie next year. As an actor he is far superior to heath streak, hope the movie is directed well

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/joker-origin-pic-lands-fall-2019-release-date-1128203

It remains to be seen. Me I think that it's going to be impossible to dislodge the Joker (Heath Ledger) from 'The Dark Knight'.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Btw I don't know how I forgot to mention it but in the second movie the best was Aaron Eckhart. His thank you for smoking is also a fantastic movie, hilarious satire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing