NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I preferred Batman begins more thanks to Liam neeson and some intelligent dialogues.

The third was horrid

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
I preferred Batman begins more thanks to Liam neeson and some intelligent dialogues.

The third was horrid

You should watch it again Bonzo, it holds up quite well with further viewings. The Dark Night Rises was a fitting end to the series and spoke to the current economic environment of the haves and the have nots. 78 on meta critic, 8 points higher than Batman Begins.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

The third was horrid

I see it as a totality, the full trilogy, with the one in the middle being the best...'The Dark Knight'. It opened up the sixteen valves of superhero films...ten years ago (2008).

And I like the third one (last, 2012) as second best (... Rises):
https://youtu.be/AkiFD3DYbY0
_____

On 4K Blu-ray, 'Batman Begins' (2005) gained the most picture quality transfer wise in comparison to the old 2K Blu-ray and HD DVD (Red). I like the music score, I like the Batmobile, ...but I like 'The Dark Knight' more, the best. ...The dark humor, the score, the Joker, ...

Christopher Nolan is good, very good, excellent, the best, one of, among all of them the very best. ...His films.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I liked some stuff in the 3rd one, but it doesn't come remotely close to the 2nd for me. The plot is kinda pathetic. Why would these people be so obsessed with Gotham? It's a weak end game plot, very weak.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I liked some stuff in the 3rd one, but it doesn't come remotely close to the 2nd for me. The plot is kinda pathetic. Why would these people be so obsessed with Gotham? It's a weak end game plot, very weak.

It would have helped if Bane's voice was coherent.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's the whole point; he has a special apparatus covering his mouth.
That's his villain side; you don't know what he's talking about till it's too late.

Christopher Nolan is a different filmmaker, very.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
That's the whole point; he has a special apparatus covering his mouth.
That's his villain side; you don't know what he's talking about till it's too late.

Christopher Nolan is a different filmmaker, very.

Interstellar is one of my favorite movies of all time.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Lol...going by your posts, do you have a villain side, Bob?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA

Same, top 5 easily.

Christopher Nolan purposely makes it so you can't hear what people are saying. He does it in, like, every movie he's ever made. SOMETIMES it fits the movie, most of the time he's just being a dick.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Same, top 5 easily.

Christopher Nolan purposely makes it so you can't hear what people are saying. He does it in, like, every movie he's ever made. SOMETIMES it fits the movie, most of the time he's just being a dick.

I'm also a fan of Robert Altman. From what I read, he's one of the first directors to have characters actively talk over each other on screen, I find this type of dialog delivery very realistic. Check out The Long Goodbye:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070334/?ref_=nv_sr_2

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Same here.

Lol...going by your posts, do you have a villain side, Bob?

What do you mean; ...no, I have no bad side. Actually, in real life I am a super good person, like everyone else.

Anyway, it's not about me it's about 'The Dark Knight', the impact the film had ten years ago and still today. It's about Christopher Nolan, about films, other films too from other filmmakers, but mostly about 'The Dark Knight' and the unforgivable performance by Heath Ledger, RIP.

Same, top 5 easily.

If you adjust the master volume to hear the dialogue in 'Interstellar', and that you don't touch it anymore during the entire film's running time, you are in for a heck of a ride @ the movies. It's not everyone who can handle the high level of intensity Christopher Nolan and his music composer...Hans Zimmer had in mind for their audience when they created their cinematique masterpiece.
___

Bonus:
https://youtu.be/FPaTv98wUsE

Nolan is no dike, he's a visual and aural filmmaker genius of high entertainment degree. ...One of the very top best. And, without any 3D visual gift (he is strictly a 2D photography type of guy), and mainly auditory front soundstage emphasized; all his films are restricted to 5.1
I see nothing missing, I hear nothing missing, he's a master filmmaker in his own domain, and I have zero negative comments, to the contrary, his cinema artistry with his film crews keep growing in my appreciation. Nolan is unique, incomparable, you simply cannot write another script from another filmmaker...Stanley Kubrick, Denis Villeneuve, Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, Martin Scorsese, Sergio Leone, Clint Eastwood, Alfonso Cuarón, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Pedro Almodóvar, David Lean and Federico Fellini.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Interstellar is the only one where I can hear all the dialogue easily.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Dark Knight’ Returning to IMAX 70mm Theaters to Celebrate 10th Anniversary

It's probably the best Batman movie ever, it is.
That is very cool they do that; it has many positive benefits.
1. Best Batman movie ever.
2. Best Joker character ever.
3. Best actor performance by Heath Ledger ever.
4. Milestone superhero movie in the history of cinema.
6. Critics loved it.
7. Box office revenues loved it.
8. Moviegoers around the world loved it.
9. There is nothing to not like; it's simply the Best.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Christopher Nolan’s ‘The Dark Knight’ Returning to IMAX 70mm Theaters to Celebrate 10th Anniversary

It's probably the best Batman movie ever, it is.
That is very cool they do that; it has many positive benefits.
1. Best Batman movie ever.
2. Best Joker character ever.
3. Best actor performance by Heath Ledger ever.
4. Milestone superhero movie in the history of cinema.
6. Critics loved it.
7. Box office revenues loved it.
8. Moviegoers around the world loved it.
9. There is nothing to not like; it's simply the Best.

I believe there's two additional factors that makes these movies so great:

1. The minimal use of CGI.
2. No supernatural bullshit.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Well I liked the last Thor and the spiderman with Emma Stone. Also superman returns was good in 3D, and I thought George Clooney was a natural Bruce Wayne. I think Hugh Jackman would have made a very good Wayne. I had to get used to the idea of Bale as Wayne, seemed weird to have the Batman so short, poor chin.

That said Nolan's Batman movies were better movies though too serious and too heavy for super hero movies, taking out the super hero element often. I still maintain Liam Neeson was the best performer. I like him. Taken was a **** movie but he was awesome and turned it into an entertainer. It made me think what it would be like had he starred in my favorite action man thrillers - die hard, Bourne ultimatum, or as Jack Bauer. His later movies have been poor though.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Well I liked the last Thor and the spiderman with Emma Stone. Also superman returns was good in 3D, and I thought George Clooney was a natural Bruce Wayne. I think Hugh Jackman would have made a very good Wayne. I had to get used to the idea of Bale as Wayne, seemed weird to have the Batman so short, poor chin.

That said Nolan's Batman movies were better movies though too serious and too heavy for super hero movies, taking out the super hero element often. I still maintain Liam Neeson was the best performer. I like him. Taken was a **** movie but he was awesome and turned it into an entertainer. It made me think what it would be like had he starred in my favorite action man thrillers - die hard, Bourne ultimatum, or as Jack Bauer. His later movies have been poor though.

George Clooney's Batman suit had nipples. Full stop.

https://www.inquisitr.com/977003/ge...atman-suit-had-nipples-until-it-was-released/

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing