FS: TAD R1 MKIIs in MINT Condition, all original OEM parts docs, spikes, etc..AND Stillpoint Ultra5s

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I did not expect to be posting these for many years and have had mixed emotions about posting these for well over a week now...

3 weeks ago we received a card in the mail from a couple who were "extremely interested"
in our home. We took the meeting and then later showed them the home expecting nothing.

The long and short of it is we named a price they definitely should not have said yes to and they
made a further offer we could not refuse. We are still stunned by all this but have accepted and are
looking to buy land up north in our favorite NC mountain city and plan a build of our last home here
in the US with our full wishlist baked in...we may also move internationally and do the same; all that's still
being discussed.

Our life will go into transition for about 2 years as a result and the R1s are simply not able to be accomodated
and I won't store them due to all the things that can go wrong for that long a period of time. Audiophile heartbreak
is here but I see no other choice in the matter...

They are without a doubt one of the best speakers I have EVER heard in my life and among the 3-5 that I can
actually afford from that personal list.

Looking to sell them ASAP to a serious music lover; if you are looking at this, you know what these speakers represent.

I have the original OEM custom pallets (massive, sophisticated speaker locking setup), cartons, grilles, paperwork,
tools, velvet covers, spikes and footers). I'll throw in a full set of like-new Stillpoint Ultra5 footers plus spikes that
really set these off visually and sonically. That's a $3K value if memory serves.

Buyer pays full shipping, insurance, lift gate service etc...I'd be open to buyer arranging the details as well to ensure you get
exactly what you want. I'll pay a team a pro movers to help me pad, move and crate them up (about $500+ out of my pocket).
US, Canada or International shipping are all fine; it's up to the buyer to pay for shipping as noted above.

No Paypal or checks here given the size of the purchase please. Bank Wire Transfer only; shipment to occur a few days
after funds settle (3-5) to ensure no interbank issues.

These are $80K speakers with $3K of Ultra5 footers and spikes thrown in. They are exactly as shown in these pictures,
i.e. like new condition.

I will discuss price via PM only for any serious buyer but suffice it to say you will save a huge amount versus the retail price
of these speakers, shipment from Japan and the wait time (1-2 months is the norm).

I'm looking for a more reasonable form factor full range speaker in the interim to tide me over but trades plus cash are not
really what I am looking for unless then it's an exceptional speaker in terms of how it fits my new plans.

Questions,...please ping me. I'm on customer sites most days so please understand if there is a few hours delay.

For transaction history, ratings, and how I take care of every transaction be it the many sales or the few buys I've done
please see Agon, userID 'zephyr24069'.

Thank you for looking!

NewSystem-GreerSC-w-TAD-R1s-center-stage-20170217_124901.jpg NewSystem-GreerSC-w-TAD-R1s-leftspkr-left-20170217_124807.jpg NewSystem-GreerSC-rightspkr-right-20170217_124742.jpg

SuperDave

May 12, 2017
Texas
Mark,
GLWS! Sorry to hear you have to sell them but happy your moving on to a new chapter. Who am I going to ask about clocks now? Good luck, reach out if your ever in Texas.

Dave

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Mark,
GLWS! Sorry to hear you have to sell them but happy your moving on to a new chapter. Who am I going to ask about clocks now? Good luck, reach out if your ever in Texas.

Dave

Thank you Dave! The speakers are the only thing I know of that I cannot locate a properly sized and safe storage option in the interim and room for setup in the
reduced size rental quarters so everything else will stay. In other words, BRING ON THE CLOCKING QUESTIONS :) !!!!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
I did not expect to be posting these for many years and have had mixed emotions about posting these for well over a week now...

3 weeks ago we received a card in the mail from a couple who were "extremely interested"
in our home. We took the meeting and then later showed them the home expecting nothing.

The long and short of it is we named a price they definitely should not have said yes to and they
made a further offer we could not refuse. We are still stunned by all this but have accepted and are
looking to buy land up north in our favorite NC mountain city and plan a build of our last home here
in the US with our full wishlist baked in...we may also move internationally and do the same; all that's still
being discussed.

Our life will go into transition for about 2 years as a result and the R1s are simply not able to be accomodated
and I won't store them due to all the things that can go wrong for that long a period of time. Audiophile heartbreak
is here but I see no other choice in the matter...

They are without a doubt one of the best speakers I have EVER heard in my life and among the 3-5 that I can
actually afford from that personal list.

Looking to sell them ASAP to a serious music lover; if you are looking at this, you know what these speakers represent.

I have the original OEM custom pallets (massive, sophisticated speaker locking setup), cartons, grilles, paperwork,
tools, velvet covers, spikes and footers). I'll throw in a full set of like-new Stillpoint Ultra5 footers plus spikes that
really set these off visually and sonically. That's a $3K value if memory serves.

Buyer pays full shipping, insurance, lift gate service etc...I'd be open to buyer arranging the details as well to ensure you get
exactly what you want. I'll pay a team a pro movers to help me pad, move and crate them up (about $500+ out of my pocket).
US, Canada or International shipping are all fine; it's up to the buyer to pay for shipping as noted above.

No Paypal or checks here given the size of the purchase please. Bank Wire Transfer only; shipment to occur a few days
after funds settle (3-5) to ensure no interbank issues.

These are $80K speakers with $3K of Ultra5 footers and spikes thrown in. They are exactly as shown in these pictures,
i.e. like new condition.

I will discuss price via PM only for any serious buyer but suffice it to say you will save a huge amount versus the retail price
of these speakers, shipment from Japan and the wait time (1-2 months is the norm).

I'm looking for a more reasonable form factor full range speaker in the interim to tide me over but trades plus cash are not
really what I am looking for unless then it's an exceptional speaker in terms of how it fits my new plans.

Questions,...please ping me. I'm on customer sites most days so please understand if there is a few hours delay.

For transaction history, ratings, and how I take care of every transaction be it the many sales or the few buys I've done
please see Agon, userID 'zephyr24069'.

Thank you for looking!

View attachment 42575 View attachment 42576 View attachment 42578

Bumping the ad so that it shows up on top of the thread. They are still available and I'm motivated to move them so let's talk!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
They sure look gorgeous!

And congratulations on your new chapter in life!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Terms Price (dropped $2K as listed new today on my US AudioMart ad): $43,000 USD or Best Reasonable Offer.

Payment via wire transfer, buyer pays shipping and preferable arranges the shipping they want with lift gate service though
I'll be glad to help or do all arrangements at buyer's expense with mutual agreement. That's half price on these literally
world-class SOTA speakers and you get the Stillpoint Ultra5 footer upgrades (and spikes if you choose to use them)
as well as the TAD OEM spikes!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Terms Updated: Price (dropped $2K as listed yesterday on my US AudioMart ad): $43,000 USD or Best Reasonable Offer.

Payment via wire transfer, buyer pays shipping and preferable arranges the shipping they want with lift gate service though
I'll be glad to help or do all arrangements at buyer's expense with mutual agreement. That's half price on these literally
world-class SOTA speakers and you get the Stillpoint Ultra5 footer upgrades (and spikes if you choose to use them)
as well as the TAD OEM spikes!

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
BUMP: These are still available and need a good home as I've had offers but no one able to put together a final
commitment and close date on the transaction (yet).. If anyone is interested with a new deal please PM me. By the
same token if someone who has already contacted me and is still working on getting their proposed deal together,
please PM me as well...Thank You!

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
FS: TAD R1 MKIIs in MINT Condition, all original OEM parts docs, spikes, etc..AND Stillpoint Ultra5s

Due to a very positive life event that came up by chance, we are selling our home in a transaction we could not say no to. We've also had a grandchild come into our lives who lives north of us and we are spending more time in the mountains north of us.

As a result, our life will go into transition for about 2 years while we buy land, design our hopefully final home, etc... as a result R1s are simply not able to be accomodated and I won't store them due to all the things that can go wrong for that long a period of time.

They are a truly world-class speaker and 'reference' / "state of the art" in terms of their musical reproduction capability. There are ample reviews and user stories out there to support all this.

Looking to sell them to a serious music lover; if you are looking at this, you know what these speakers represent!

I have the original OEM custom pallets (they're heavy duty with a sophisticated speaker locking setup), cartons, grilles, paperwork, tools, velvet covers, TAD spikes and footers). I'll throw in a full set (6) of like-new Stillpoint ULTRA5 footers plus spikes that really set these off visually and sonically. That's almost a $3K value additionally...

I am the original owner; they were sourced through an authorized TAD dealer here in the US and shipped direct from TAD in Japan to me in mid-December 2016.

Buyer pays full shipping, insurance, lift gate service etc...I'd be open to buyer arranging the details as well to ensure you get exactly what you want otherwise I'll handle all logistics and communicate frequently with the buyer with full details. I'll pay a team a pro movers to help me pad, move and crate them up (about $500+ out of my pocket). US, Canada or International LTL shipping are all fine; it's up to the buyer to pay for shipping as noted above.

Each speaker crated and on its pallet is 36" x 36" x 59" and 390 lbs dimensional and actual weight, total shipment is 2 such pallets, full shipment weight is 780 pounds. These can ship by sea, air standard or express and LTL truck freight (in the US/Canada).

TAD official MSRP is $98,000 USD, I'm including $3,000 worth Ultra5 footers and spikes for a total MSRP of $101,000 USD as of today. They are exactly as shown in these pictures on my system thread, i.e. like new condition. They have not moved since I finalized their setup after receiving them in December 2016.

I have these on Agon now for $47,750 including Paypal fees. For forum members transacted here, my asking price is $45,750 USD including Paypal fees at or near my offer price. Suffice it to say you will save a huge amount versus the retail price of these speakers, shipment from Japan and the wait time (1-2 months is the norm).

If you are open to direct Bank to Bank Wire Transfer, we can accomodate the Paypal fees saved into a best offer price however I have no issue securing this transaction through Paypal for both parties' benefit per the above.

I'm looking for a more reasonable form factor full range speaker or high performance monitory in the interim to tide me over but trades plus cash are not really what I am looking for unless it's an exceptional speaker in terms of how it fits my new plans.

*Please note the Audiogon BlueBook has no history graphed for these and the retail price is wrong as of the date I listed this ad so pricing history there is not reliable. Consult manufacturer's pricing and other sources for history.

For transaction history, ratings, and how I take care of every transaction be it the many sales or the few buys I've done please see Agon, userID 'zephyr24069'.

Thank you for looking!

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Congrats, but sorry about the R1s, I didn't think you'd ever give them up.

I can offer a nice storage facility in my living room for free... no dogs, no kids, no smoking... ;)

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Congrats, but sorry about the R1s, I didn't think you'd ever give them up.

I can offer a nice storage facility in my living room for free... no dogs, no kids, no smoking... ;)

Thank you Dave! There is a queue of several people who have written to offer me the same 'storage' offer :cool:.
Problem is, I know these fine speakers and don't believe for a minute anyone would actually give them back <LOL>
after living with them to 'store them for me', they are that good! I did not think I would be here having to part
with them and have life go into such a state of flux. Only redeeming virtue of this whole mess is what I can
end up with downstream with some (more than I'm capable of w.r.t. audio...) patience.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
BUMP! These beauties are still available and need a good home!

45,750 OBRO, all terms, etc...as explained below....

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
BUMP! These beauties are still available and need a good home!

45,750 OBRO, all terms, etc...as explained below....

***HOLIDAY WEEKEND (USA) PRICE DROP: $42,500 USD, all other terms as mentioned below.
Trades plus cash for certain speakers would be considered.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
*****Sold and no longer available*****

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Congratulations on your sale!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
Congratulation on the sale and to the buyer who will have many years of good listening.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
***Deal fell through,...these are again AVAILABLE FOR SALE!!!***

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
*PRICE CHANGE: Asking price is $39,500 USD; buyer pays Paypal fees (unless Bank Wire Transfer is agreed to) and shipping. Suffice it to say you will save a huge amount versus the retail price of these speakers, shipment from Japan and the wait time (minimum 1-2 months).

Buyer pays actual shipping cost, insurance if desired, lift gate service etc...I'll handle all logistics and communicate frequently with the buyer with full details unless the buyer wants to arrange directly working with me. I'll pay a team a pro movers to help me pad, move and crate them up (about $500+ out of my pocket). US, Canada or International LTL shipping are available.

Each speaker crated and on its pallet is 36" x 36" x 59" and 390 lbs dimensional and actual weight, total shipment is 2 such pallets, full shipment weight is 780 pounds.

I accept Paypal and am premium-verified there however, as noted I am also open to a direct bank wire transfer.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Sold!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing