Vyger Atlantis arrived

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Ciao Gian,

Is your platter stainless steel? Does it come with a mat and record weight?

My AS came with a leather mat and a very heavy stainless steel record weight. I think it has better details and extensions with the record weight but without the mat. If your Atlantis comes with a mat, may be you want to try without.

Best regards,
Tang

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The platter is in stainless and haven't a mat
For mat there is an hard alloy that cannot remove,i forget to ask what is,with 5 holes for vacuum the LP

They told don't use record weight,because decrease the sound quality,could be with vacuum no need

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
Ciao Gian,

Is your platter stainless steel? Does it come with a mat and record weight?

My AS came with a leather mat and a very heavy stainless steel record weight. I think it has better details and extensions with the record weight but without the mat. If your Atlantis comes with a mat, may be you want to try without.

Best regards,
Tang

A lot depends on implementation with some being more successful than others but IME one of the several issues with vacuum is the hollow cavity it requires below the surface of the platter which can lead to ringing and other resonance control problems hence the need for composite materials as part of the construction but then you end up opening a few other pandora boxes with introduction of new variables.

And of course congratulations Gian!

david

Last edited:

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
The big is the pump for platter and tonearm,the air from the pump exit with click,enter in the cylinder and let the air exit like perfect flow and has also a filter
IMG_3655.jpg

This near the TT is the digital controller of the air that go separate on platter and tonearm,and you can increase and decrease the air

IMG_3654.jpg
IMG_3641.jpg

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes
Listen very few
When I am in my chair without music I listen near nothing

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Yesterday i received Atlantis and after some listening i was shocking.

I knew his sound is very good,but never tested at home.
My loved Bergmann Sindre,a must for his price list in comparison his sound seems a toy.
Too much the different

Bill Audiophile already explained very well.
I can add Bass is very strong and deep,mid bass now is perfect in my system,always told Bergmann is little light,sound is explosive,speaker disappear from the room and dynamic seems similar live

On Bergmann, Atlas sl had high with more extension regarding Opus 1,but opus in Vyger has high more extensive and clear than Atlas sl on Bergmann.
I am sure also Vyger Tonearm is incredible.

I knew i had a very good amp and speaker and my weak point was TT not at same level than other,now i am excited for the sound of my system
Regards
My warmest congratulations on the great new TT, my dear Gian.
Where was I when you wrote this great comparison 2 weeks ago and I have been digging the internet to find more reviews about Vyger :)

Grazie mille, caro Gian for the quick review of Vyger. Big hugs to you, Brother.

Chau

Feb 20, 2018
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I believe Tang said he was concerned about complexity.

Nothing complex in a reconditioned EMT, Studer, multiple tonearms and carts, or the AS.

The Vyger would not best these for complexity.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Hi Gian,

Very excited the Atlantis has not only worked out but exceeded expectations. I truly love mine. Seldom do you hear a source with very high res and extension both ways AND with high levels of musicality. Normally you trade one for the other IME.

Keep me updated on the carts. I am using a Madake myself.
Dear Bill,

I heard a comment from a user of an Indian regarding its air floating tonearm. When under operating condition, does the pneumatic mechanism creates a distracting sound like someone is taking a piss.

Kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: Lagonda

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Dear Bill,

I heard a comment from a user of an Indian regarding its air floating tonearm. When under operating condition, does the pneumatic mechanism creates a distracting sound like someone is taking a piss.

Kind regards,
Tang

Bill put an external covering of a particular sound reduction material around the pump to keep the piss bottled in the box. General uses it too. Gian's room is reasonably big so that the piss in the corner does not bother anybody. Bill's room is quite small but the pump is behind the door in the other room

What is the room size you are referring to? Personally I have never noticed the sound at general, Gian, or the dealer in Pescara (big room) where I heard before it was transferred to Gian nor the modded Vyger with the modded kodo beat (big room). But I am not sensitive to extraneous noise, probably having grown up in Mumbai and then moved to London, am sure my refrigerator in my listening room is louder. I am sensitive to noise floor of music which is different from extraneous noise

Reactions: Maril555

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Bill put an external covering of a particular sound reduction material around the pump to keep the piss bottled in the box. General uses it too. Gian's room is reasonably big so that the piss in the corner does not bother anybody. Bill's room is quite small but the pump is behind the door in the other room

What is the room size you are referring to? Personally I have never noticed the sound at general, Gian, or the dealer in Pescara (big room) where I heard before it was transferred to Gian nor the modded Vyger with the modded kodo beat (big room). But I am not sensitive to extraneous noise, probably having grown up in Mumbai and then moved to London, am sure my refrigerator in my listening room is louder. I am sensitive to noise floor of music which is different from extraneous noise
LoL. You must be used to standing next to a guy pissing too. Me no.

Tang :p

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Dear Bill,

Kind regards,
Tang

Hi Tang,
Down under it is called taking the piss... taking a piss is something different again.

And yes, I am not taking the piss as I am being completely serious about... uhmm err this dis of the piss business.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
P
Hi Tang,
Down under it is called taking the piss... taking a piss is something different again.

And yes, I am not taking the piss as I am being completely serious about... uhmm err this dis of the piss business.
Pardon my English. I thought taking a piss or taking a leak is the same thing. I never heard taking the piss.

Tang :)

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Your english is brilliant Tang,
It’s just taking the piss is an Australian saying about making fun of something... it’s probably why we aren’t a world power.

Kind regards
Tao

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing