decca Jubilee

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
I am near to buy Decca Jubilee,i never listen a Decca,but know difficult to set up,but for some record is very special for dynamic and transparence
I would like to try with Torqueo and Saec 506 and with Schopper and Koetsu

Someone has or listen?

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Hi Gian,

The General has a massive collection of them so worth reaching out to him.

daytona600

Sep 9, 2012
scotland

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Jubilee should work fine in the Saec they like knife & Unipivot tonearms
owned several Londons for decades & use a Reference at present
Deccas are highly musical & do make most cartridges sound flat & lifeless

http://www.kenkessler.com/hi-fi/garrott-decca-cartridge/

https://www.dagogo.com/london-decca-reference-cartridge-review/

Agree I've owned 3 Decca's--you ain't heard explosive Dynamics like a Sum and Difference Cart on Heat--ha!:p

I've used the Alphason and Hadcock Arms

Good luck!

BruceD

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I am near to buy Decca Jubilee,i never listen a Decca,but know difficult to set up,but for some record is very special for dynamic and transparence
I would like to try with Torqueo and Saec 506 and with Schopper and Koetsu

Someone has or listen?

You first need to get rid of that koetsu arm on the schopper

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
You first need to get rid of that koetsu arm on the schopper

The Koetsu is actually a rebranded Jelco arm. It has a good name, but at the end of the day it is still a Jelco. It is pedestrian at best.

One good choice would be a Magnepan Unitrac arm. It is ugly, but it is a sleeper that will make the Decca shine. As with other unipivots, azimuth is an area to give particular attention. The great thing about a Decca is that it will let you know instantly if the azimuth is not right.

Me? I would try the SAEC first.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Decca is also known to do well with linear trackers and FR, so will sound good on Gian's new Vyger Atlantis

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks to everybody,

Koetsu arm is made by Jelco but italian distributor told me that Koetsu told him quality and tolerance are better than jelco,but i don't believe,seems really same
Sound of this arm is no bad but nothing special,i don't like with Coralstone but is really no bad with SPU A 95

I think to take this Decca,if price will be good to use with Saec,with Atlantis i will try Opus,Atlas and Coralstone,if will be not too complicated to change cartridges.

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Thanks to everybody,

Koetsu arm is made by Jelco but italian distributor told me that Koetsu told him quality and tolerance are better than jelco,but i don't believe,seems really same
Sound of this arm is no bad but nothing special,i don't like with Coralstone but is really no bad with SPU A 95

I think to take this Decca,if price will be good to use with Saec,with Atlantis i will try Opus,Atlas and Coralstone,if will be not too complicated to change cartridges.

Remember G you will have 5Mv of output to contend with as well:D

Good Listening,

BruceD

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Yes I know
I have CH P1 where is possible connect all type of cartridge

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Hello gian,

As you probably already know the Decca has very high lateral compliance and very low vertical compliance. The tremendous energy it generates can cause mistracing/mistracking or overload if the arm has insufficient damping. They also tend to be more picky about the cleanliness of your records, and sensitive to hum.

Decca's own arm was a damped unipivot, so I would agree with the choice of the SAEC, at least initially. The FR 64/66 could be a good future choice.

Best,

853guy

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing