Re the above --maybe the "Owl theory" episodes will divulge those answers

Has the programs aired yet?

Excellent précis B! your investigative mind is indeed a prowess--Kudos

Anyway good work !

BruceD

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I'm not sure; the owl theory (Mickey mouse stuff in my book) was first suggested by a neighbor lawyer to Kathleen's home...1810 Cedar Street, Durham, North Carolina.

Check this out: https://www.bustle.com/p/who-lives-...mily-home-has-a-surprising-new-tenant-9317315

"After his release, Peterson did not return to that family home. In fact, the house on Cedar Street was purchased by a local couple for $640,000 in 2004, according to a report from WRAL News. They renovated it and re-sold it in 2008 to its current occupant, Biond Fury, a self-described metaphysician, music and film producer, and publisher who, at the time of the purchase, had a psychic call-in show on New York cable television. The property was sold to Fury for $1.3 million, according to the same report. WRAL News also reported that Fury claimed he had no knowledge of its history, nor that he was aware of Peterson's trial.

According to the property's posting on Zillow, the house "was designed by George Watts Carr for the Buchanan family in 1935," and when it was renovated, much of its "original grandeur" was restored, including the original gardens layout complete with native trees and plants. "The grand entry foyer sets the tone," the post says. "With a sweeping staircase and a large gallery for artwork display ... It combines the best of the old and the new with state-of-the-art appliances, open architecture, and a family room with an original fireplace. Upstairs there are five major bedrooms, all en suite. The master suite consists of three rooms — the sleeping quarters, which opens onto an upper deck, a sitting room and a dressing room." Note that the description fails to mention a staircase at the back of the house."

But read the full article, it's short anyway and worth reading.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I finished the original series, eight episodes. Plus number thirteen, because while doing further research it came into play and I wanted to see if it did match, and yes it did, @ 95% or so. I admit that the defense team they did what they could but not good enough.

Yes, I still have four more to watch, but my opinion still remain the same. There is no freekin' way that this was just an accident, not in a billion years.
The judge? He loves to make mistakes and he keeps repeating them.
The attorney for Peterson? No better than the attorneys for O.J.

The day we have honest people in our justice system that'll be the day.
This is another case where you say to yourself; where this world had come to! ...Nowhere, somewhere in hell.

RIP Kathleen. I feel the pain you have endured in your last moments. There is no justice on Earth, my peace from my heart to you.

More to come ... because something has to be said properly. Kathleen's two sisters in the library, and on episode 13 had supreme important things to say, much more important than their sister's murderer and his attorney.

So, Steve and Bruce and bonzo, as we are only five of us, plus your wife Steve; did the justice system work in this case, did the people help to bring justice to Kathleen?

Me you don't have to ask; Michael Peterson is the magic man, the Alford man, the illusionist.
Well, he did not disillusion me. He would have been a good Hollywood actor, made a good salesman @ the white house.

Steve Williams

Bob
The job of a defense attorney is to provide the best defense possible. I thought David Rudolph as well as the OJ attorneys did their job. How can you say they are bad people. I think you expect a defense attorney to bend over and cower. They did their job

I believe he is guilty as you do however he was convicted and would have rotted in jail had it not been the revelation that Deaver had falsified evidence in another case about a man convicted of murder and spent 17 years in jail for something he didn’t do

I suggest you direct your anger at the people such as Deaver. IMO the defense did their jobs. I have zero issues with them nor the judge who admitted his judicial errors.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Steve, I understand the jobs these people have to do. That's why I previously said I wouldn't do any job that goes against justice. It's not for me, I don't have a heart made of bricks, steel and concrete. My heart is made of people like Kathleen and her sisters and of people who know what real pain is and live by the true human justice, not from criminals and corruption and indignation and indecency and broken human shadows of a world of hurt and illusions and fake values.

If I put myself under the skin of the Frenchman who did the documentary, and mainly, 99%, focused on the killer and his attorney's team, I would have lost my soul, my heart, my spirit and my dignity towards the real human values of the foundations of life.

It is in the depth of the human soul that the truth worth fighting for resides, not in a court room with highly biased film documentary people. Kathleen's sister speech from episode thirteen said it best, and right from the heart and soul, the true job of real human people without getting a paycheck.

And that's the tragedy we live today, every single day and everywhere.

For me justice is not a system, it's a true conscience, it's Kathleen, and the 12 jury members delivered the correct verdict. The defense team wasn't equipped to deal with the truth; they were only concerned to do their jobs and win their lost cause.

Michael Peterson is a convicted and admitted first degree killer/murderer. He is very lucky to have served only 98 months and to be free today and brainwashing the people close to him and writing a book.
He should be burned with his books; his children should be delivered of his evil influence.
It is painful to see their vulnerability and their lives totally screwed up by their murderer father.
It rips my heart apart.

I have no anger, that's not how I feel; I feel the true deep pain for Kathleen's suffering and suffocation, and of the real people who truly love her with a real human heart, open and civilised.

As for Deaver he shouldn't exist in this world, he doesn't belong in court, he belongs in Disneyland with Donald duck and Mickey mouse. But, the justice system allows bandits like him to be experts in our court houses. I blame not him and his damaged brain and crooked life, I blame the justice system who hires people like him, I blame the people who hires him. He's only a zero made one by the justice system.

If I would live by how people perform the jobs they are supposed to perform, I wouldn't be living fully the real life. I am simply too weak, not strong enough, this is not the life for me.

But yes Steve, I fully understand your point of view. I feel no anger, just injustice...for Kathleen...the real true victim who was murdered, and the deep pain that her sisters feel today and every day and of the real people with a heart and love for Kathleen. That, is the real deal, what's worth fighting for.

The filmmaker did NOT focus on that real aspect, he only focused on the deceptive forces of evil for his own financial benefit.

I could go on much much deeper with all of this, but you have already seen all the thirteen episodes and I completely understand your view on the justice system and how it is supposed to work but here again it failed. I agree, it failed big big big time, and much more.

RIP Kathleen.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
They won't make more episodes.

If I was a documentary filmmaker I would show the real side, the prosecution side in this case. I would show the Frenchman filmmaker true agenda, I would show the real killer instinct and deranged mind and twisted agenda and brainwashing, I would show it all under the very best and brightest human light. And it wouldn't be all pretty.

For Kathleen, the true good soul who deserves it the most.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
What The Staircase documentary did is beat Kathleen's dead body more and more and more and more to show the true sickness side of people. It's her who deserves real justice, did she get it? No freekin' way, instead they keep murdering her and royally insulting her true family...her two sisters and brainwashed children by one of the worst killers to ever walk the surface of this planet. And the film crew plus Michael Peterson's attorney and team, they are worth less than zero in my true book of justice system.

I feel no anger, but deep sadness of this broken humanity. It's like priests raping young children, it's like people working for mother Theresa and selling babies, it's like taking the children of their mother's embrace, it's like violating the most basic human values @ its very core.

And it will keep going on and on and nobody is going to learn and do something about it, nobody because it's a broken world without mercy, without grace, without redemption, without compassion, without a true heart, with a soul sold to Satan.

Steve Williams

They won't make more episodes.

If I was a documentary filmmaker I would show the real side, the prosecution side in this case. I would show the Frenchman filmmaker true agenda, I would show the real killer instinct and deranged mind and twisted agenda and brainwashing, I would show it all under the very best and brightest human light. And it wouldn't be all pretty.

For Kathleen, the true good soul who deserves it the most.

I thought the same but if you look each episode is preceded by an "S1 for season one so you never know

Bob Im surprised you show no indignation with the poor guy who was wrongly convicted because of Deaver's false evidence and spent 17 years in jail before the circumstances of Deaver's ploys became known

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Deaver hated Michael Peterson's attorney, he never answered the questions by looking @ him, he always answered facing the members of the jury. I understand why; he wanted to make sure that his opinion was that she has been badly beaten to death. It's normal, he's on the prosecution side and with a firm belief.

If Deaver falsified evidence in the past in many cases, including the one you mentioned (17 years conviction for a murder that he did not commit), he should be tried in a court of law and put in jail for a very long time; that's how justice supposed to work. I still miss four episodes...tonight..episodes 9 to 12.

Tomorrow my full opinion about this guy Deaver. He sure doesn't inspire confidence.
I like the man and woman prosecutors. I like the Chinese guy with its gold magnifier, he looks professional and has good humor. But it's not about any of them, it's about Kathleen's justice by making sure that Michael Peterson is out forever. He'll go down into history hell. Jail is just too nice for him, he'll enjoy being screwed by other prisoners. He said to his two daughters after he was convicted; "it's ok, it's ok", after the judge asked him if he had anything to say.
He had total control on them, and that made me real real sad. And the same with his two boys.

Next to go under the guillotine...Deaver.

This is truly devastating this case. The good people are the ones who suffered the most, and Peterson is the devil reincarnated on Earth. The filmmaker made him look glorified. But intelligent people can see see behind the fog of his pipe.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Ok.

First things first; Steve, I have to admit that you and your wife are very brave people.
It takes courage to go through all the 13 episodes of The Staircase.
It's a very emotional ride because we get to know and live with his family and lawyer and Michael Peterson himself. Plus all the other important players; Kathleen's sisters, Duane Deaver, Rudolph's team.

It's emotional because of the three daughters, two sons, and grandson.
It's emotional because Kathleen died of an horrible death...nothing in this world would make me believe that it was an accident, nothing.

It is heartwrenching because Candice, Kathleen's sister, is rejected when in true reality she is the one who fight for justice. No matter how people misjudge her and insult her, she is the one with her head above everyone else. Her emotions in court cannot be closer than the truth for justice. She doesn't have the professionalism say from Michael Peterson's attorney, Rudolph, and the judge to some extent, but she is truer than them all.

It's easy to misjudge, to follow the general heard, but it's a failure in this case here.
It's not because you look beautiful and are eloquent with words that makes you better.
It's not because you are ... that it makes you automatically a loser.
Candice is the real deal, one of the daughters saw the true light too.

This documentary has similar intense emotions as Making a Murderer.
It reaches deep inside the viewers, us, and shows us the true balance of life. To me it sure does.
I cannot recommend it more highly. And thank you big time Steve for this.
The WBF members who watch this full documentary, approximately ten/eleven hours total, plus the time for further research; it is my opinion they gain higher knowledge on human behavior and emotional threshold...way of speech.
The gamut of social interaction on display here can be very beneficial in understanding the mechanics of our social foundations. Yes, the search for the truth and justice is a noble cause, and yes the people in the justice system they are not following all the rules lawfully and honestly.
_____

Duane Deaver and Susie Barker should be charged for violating their professions and sentenced to jail. They are a danger to our society, to our children. Greg Taylor lost 19 years of his life for a crime that he did not commit and because of a sick, deranged, unprofessional, lying Duane Deaver.
That, was the main reason for a retrial and then the ultimate Alford plea.
Duane Deaver is a very dangerous psychotic lying individual.
_____

Michael Peterson is also a deranged and lying individual, a manipulator under a false carapace. He's much harder to decipher, and that's what makes The Staircase an emotional roller coaster ride. You truly feel for the two daughters and two sons. This will never be over for them till they finally realise that their mother Kathleen did not die from an accident but to the hands of their father.
For me this part is tough, very. That along with Kathleen's two sisters and the third daughter.

Michael Peterson is not only a convicted and admitted murderer, no matter the justice system failures and the corrupt people who participated, the lies and falsified evidences, but he also shattered the lives of so many and the future of their lives and more to come. If Michael Peterson die with his secret he will be a coward for eternity after life. His children will bare the burden of their father forever.

This is powerful stuff, this is real stuff, this is human stuff of the highest level, this is no Disney flick, this is The Staircase on Netflix.
Light a pipe and smoke it.

Overall: 100 ...Extremely highly recommended. Steve was very right.

Steve Williams

Ok.

First things first; Steve, I have to admit that you and your wife are very brave people.
It takes courage to go through all the 13 episodes of The Staircase.
It's a very emotional ride because we get to know and live with his family and lawyer and Michael Peterson himself. Plus all the other important players; Kathleen's sisters, Duane Deaver, Rudolph's team.

It's emotional because of the three daughters, two sons, and grandson.
It's emotional because Kathleen died of an horrible death...nothing in this world would make me believe that it was an accident, nothing.

It is heartwrenching because Candice, Kathleen's sister, is rejected when in true reality she is the one who fight for justice. No matter how people misjudge her and insult her, she is the one with her head above everyone else. Her emotions in court cannot be closer than the truth for justice. She doesn't have the professionalism say from Michael Peterson's attorney, Rudolph, and the judge to some extent, but she is truer than them all.

It's easy to misjudge, to follow the general heard, but it's a failure in this case here.
It's not because you look beautiful and are eloquent with words that makes you better.
It's not because you are ... that it makes you automatically a loser.
Candice is the real deal, one of the daughters saw the true light too.

This documentary has similar intense emotions as Making a Murderer.
It reaches deep inside the viewers, us, and shows us the true balance of life. To me it sure does.
I cannot recommend it more highly. And thank you big time Steve for this.
The WBF members who watch this full documentary, approximately ten/eleven hours total, plus the time for further research; it is my opinion they gain higher knowledge on human behavior and emotional threshold...way of speech.
The gamut of social interaction on display here can be very beneficial in understanding the mechanics of our social foundations. Yes, the search for the truth and justice is a noble cause, and yes the people in the justice system they are not following all the rules lawfully and honestly.
_____

Duane Deaver and Susie Barker should be charged for violating their professions and sentenced to jail. They are a danger to our society, to our children. Greg Taylor lost 19 years of his life for a crime that he did not commit and because of a sick, deranged, unprofessional, lying Duane Deaver.
That, was the main reason for a retrial and then the ultimate Alford plea.
Duane Deaver is a very dangerous psychotic lying individual.
_____

Michael Peterson is also a deranged and lying individual, a manipulator under a false carapace. He's much harder to decipher, and that's what makes The Staircase an emotional roller coaster ride. You truly feel for the two daughters and two sons. This will never be over for them till they finally realise that their mother Kathleen did not die from an accident but to the hands of their father.
For me this part is tough, very. That along with Kathleen's two sisters and the third daughter.

Michael Peterson is not only a convicted and admitted murderer, no matter the justice system failures and the corrupt people who participated, the lies and falsified evidences, but he also shattered the lives of so many and the future of their lives and more to come. If Michael Peterson die with his secret he will be a coward for eternity after life. His children will bare the burden of their father forever.

This is powerful stuff, this is real stuff, this is human stuff of the highest level, this is no Disney flick, this is The Staircase on Netflix.
Light a pipe and smoke it.

Overall: 100 ...Extremely highly recommended. Steve was very right.

well said Bob

What I find somewhat amazing was

1.The fact that Michael and Kathleen's two adopted daughters (their birth mother being Michael and Kathleen's best friend who also fell to her death down a staircase in their home in Germany) were his strongest supporters (Martha and Margaret) and never once suspected him of killing their birth mother or their adopted mother

2. Michael Peterson's ex wife who resided in Germany moved back to North Carolina for the trial. She is also seen in court 8 years later at the time of his hearing for dismissal

Finally I do disagree with you on one thing and that is your opinion of David Rudolph. I saw nothing he did court that would make him out to be the person you claim he is. In fact I suggest to you that if he were that type of attorney he would not have done any of the appeals work pro bono. This was not a money thing for him. In fact he had moved on and lived and practiced in a different county now.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
1. A very strange coincidence indeed. And it was revealed that they cleaned a quite large amount of blood from the wall and lower stairs and floor.

2. I missed that one. Or more precisely it didn't grab my attention. I will check it.
EDIT: I didn't realise that she was his ex-wife...Patricia Peterson. Yes she had a strong presence back in Germany and in the USA with all the Peterson's family. She was highly interested and supportive of the new Peterson's family.

My original judgement on his attorney was too quick. After all 13 episodes I have great respect for this very articulate and intelligent man. This is one person that with time I changed my tune. I'm with you now on David Rudolf.
___

I keep searching further for any other possibilities, like the owl.
I would need to see the feather, the pine needles, ...brief they would need to first find and put that owl on the witness stand or the accused murder chair alongside his lawyer. ;-)

This case is surely something else. It has all the ingredients and doubts that Making a Murderer provided years earlier. It is also very educative of the justice system in America and of the level of professionalism and incompetence by the players on all sides. A simple perjury can affect forever the lives of many people in dramatic ways. I consider this felony in big cases like this one as a very grave offense. It should not go unpunished. This is one of the most serious foundation of a fair and equal system of justice.
...From police officers, witnesses for the defense and the prosecution, experts from both sides, and of course the judge decisions and clear instruction to the members of the jury.

Here we saw many flaws, and some of them were not elaborated in the documentary; I've read about some of them from outside sources. Last, it is amazing what you can find with time, after several years have passed...sometime a lifetime.

And I suspect that it could happen here with Michael Peterson's grandchildren long after he's gone.

There are so many things here, the complex nature of humans, actions, reactions and interactions.
_____

* My own theory: His affairs with other men came to the surface and that could have been the argument that made him snapped and trapped and spatted blood and strangled and pulling hair and all that wood pine and owl jazz from outside in the backyard leading out of the swimming pool.
The one feather? A pillow from the night before sleeping in bed.

I think Kathleen did not truly accept his sexual affairs with other men. It was real hard for her to accept, in the name of her family values, emotional stress, etc. Michael Peterson snapped out of it that night, but not before smoking a cigar and thinking about Germany years ago ...
___

According to Assistant District Attorney, Freda Black:

"[Kathleen] would have been infuriated by learning that her husband, who she truly loved, was bi-sexual and having an extramarital relationship—not with another woman—but a man, which would have been humiliating and embarrassing to her. We believe that once she learned this information that an argument ensued and a homicide occurred."

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I have to say more about this documentary.

What did we learn about Kathleen Peterson, the woman we saw dead in a pool of blood @ the bottom of the staircase? We saw couple pictures of her and we learned that she was working @ Nortel, a Canadian tech company. That's about it.

She's the one who isn't on this Earth anymore and all what the filmmaker did, with the hiring of Michael Peterson and his attorney's team is to show us how justice work and the incompetence of dishonest people, and how Michael Peterson screwed up a lot of people for life and even after life.

It reflects very much how the world works today with everything that is going on. I don't have to explain anything, I know you guys are smart.

When you open your eyes, it is clear that it makes us reevaluate our fundamental life values and the justice system. The flaws in the justice system and in the people who are inside that system are from the prehistoric ages and without delineation between right and wrong. There is no balance of justice, there is no heart inside man, there is no compassion and real tears for Kathleen.
It's a miserable world of unfairness where the true victims...Kathleen and her children have been brainwashed by a liar, a killer, a sick sunnabaggun, one of the worst kind of animals, with a camouflage.

Yes, I understand the jobs of attorneys, prosecutors and judges. Yes, they get paid, yes they get a pension, yes they have their own families, yes they too have to live and survive. Yes I'm sure they have a heart for Kathleen Peterson, for her daughters, her sons, her sisters. But that heart comes after the job, not before.

That's the true tragedy in this world; the documentary focus on the killer Michael Peterson, the kids who is brainwashing, his attorney Mr. Rudolf, the jobs they do, how they do it, the witness experts from both the defense team and the prosecution team, some of them experts my asse, the calmness of the judge, the grand manipulation by Michael Peterson, the subdued outrage of one of the biggest scammers in the history of justice.

What did we learn about the victim Kathleen Peterson? Zero dic; it was all about her killer and his books and his Vietnam medals and his boyfriend sexual partner and his German secret and the brainwashing of his kids, and his tears, his brothers, his life, his his his and only his him himself and nobody else.

It reminds me of one president somewhere; all about himself.

For me it is impossible after watching The Staircase to not realise that the jobs we choose in life they reflect who we are and define our trajectories. The jobs we do, the people we live with, are the same people we work for. Would I live and work for Michael Peterson? ...The book publishers, the newspapers, the filmmakers, the attorneys, the children.

This documentary I really doubt that it was created with this in mind; no way, it was all about Michael Peterson in gaining our sympathy and giving him credit and financial rewards.

What dit we learn about Kathleen Peterson? Dickkeenos. ...Nothing.

RIP Kathleen, with the angels of heaven.
_____

And go to eternal hell Michael, with the devil's soldiers.

That's about just what I wanted to say this morning, Sunday July 8, 2018.

Justice? What justice ... who's justice.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You guys should watch sacred games. 8 episodes, one season.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Forget Sacred Games, did you watch The Staircase...the full thirteen episodes, and if you did please share what you think and all that jazz. This is The Staircase zone...hell of a ride.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Forget Sacred Games, did you watch The Staircase...the full thirteen episodes, and if you did please share what you think and all that jazz. This is The Staircase zone...hell of a ride.

I have seen three. Will complete. Got distracted by sacred games

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
I have seen three. Will complete. Got distracted by sacred games

Three, not too bad. But don't get distracted by Sacred Games, it just ain't worth it...IMO.

The Staircase is powerful true stuff, I'm very glad Steve got me into.
And it's true that it's best to discuss with people who saw the most of it, without missing anything, and for that I too highly recommend the full 13 episodes.

I talked to a friend about The Staircase, he watched it in one evening!
The guy is 76, I said no way! He said that he fastforwarded lots of talking stuff.
We start discussing the subject, it took me only a minute to realize that he missed too many important parts. You just can't do that, you have to take the time, eleven hours and watch all 13 episodes, then you have the full vision. If Steve wants to talk more about it he's the man, because he watched it all, and he discussed it with his wife. And I agree with him that it's powerful, intense, opens your mind into the labyrinth of human behavior in the justice system...and much much more.

It is incredible, in line with Making a Murderer. You meet face to face real life, real people, and a very twisted killer, a convincing con artist writer killer, a pathological individual of advanced level, with secret camouflage, without ever admitting the truth. It's amazing that he is free, because he belongs in a jail forever.

This is one of the very best true documentaries I've seen in a long time. It's high caliber.
And I'd love to discuss it with smart people, because it touches so many important aspects of our society.
There's no way I'll be talking to myself, so I'll wait till more people want to talk about it, very seriously.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing